Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
One fix at a time
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m getting rid of some old stock and finished up a few oil pans built in house. All I have left is a 91-92 2-bolt modified IPS style extended capacity baffled oil pan. It holds an extra 1.5 quarts. 3SX sells these now for $600 plus core charge. SOLD

If you have an oil pan to send in to be modified, I can do it for $350 plus return shipping. If I have a core in stock, then it’ll be $500 plus shipping.

Please check the latest post in this thread for current inventory. I’ll be producing these for awhile.

·
One fix at a time
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer. I am looking for a 2nd gen oil pan:(
Those always sell the quickest usually within 15-20 minutes. If you have a spare 4-bolt pan you could send me I could build you one. I depleted all of my stock getting rid of what I had and don’t plan to pick anything else up.

·
Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4
240 Posts
Well, I sent my 4-bolt oil pan to IMR awhile back and never received my extended oil pan.
Ouch sorry about your loss. I haven't heard good things from them and from talking to them it seems like they are taking on more than they can chew. ☹

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well, I sent my 4-bolt oil pan to IMR awhile back and never received my extended oil pan.
You should be glad of that. I sent my pan to them, waited several months. Received a very badly modified pan.

So I sent the pan back and waited a few more months and after spending a total of almost a year waiting for them this is what how it looked when I got it back the 2nd time...

Not only does it looks horrible, they forgot the weld around the baffle so it does absolutely nothing. I double checked that against the SCE original design and that baffle should be welded or brazed to the pan.

The pan I sent them was a rare eurospec 4-bolt pan with the flange for the oil level sensor. But in the end I decided to scrap the pan and build one myself from scratch...

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,503 Posts
OUCH!
How much did you pay for that "wonderful" modification?
Did you dispute it?

Bob. :(

·
Registered
400 Posts
I payed around 500$ if you count shipping across the pond etc. IMR offered to take it back a 3rd time but by then my patience was over and my faith in their workmanship had ended totally. I do quite a bit of racing each season so I can't for them to get the act together any longer. I need a proper extended oil pan.

·
One fix at a time
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Michael, I’ll take it. Got to replace the one on my Blue Stealth. Send me a PM.

Richie
Hey Richie. I’ll PM you and get it shipped out tomorrow with the other 4-bolt pan I sold.

·
One fix at a time
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Michael! Just got the pan in. It looks great and nice welding! You do good work man! Thanks again!
No problem! I need to invest in a powdercoating setup or maybe try spraying the KBS coating instead since it didn’t turn out how I wanted. I topcoated it with VHT.

I’ve already got another 5 extended bottoms fabbed up ready to go for some pans to come in.

·
One fix at a time
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any clearance issues with these?
Nope. They’re the same depth as stock with the extended capacity at the rear. If you have worn motor mounts the pan will hit the subframe crossmember. I can build one if you have a pan to send in for modifying.

·
One fix at a time
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you still making these? I'll take one, my pan is out and ready to ship. Let me know, thanks
Yep I still am. $325 plus return shipping. I’ve got 2-3 bottoms already welded up ready to go for a quicker turnaround. Last one I did a few weeks ago I was able to get out in 3-4 days. Do you have a 4-bolt I assume?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wish I had seen this thread a couple months ago when my car was down. Do you plan on making these for the foreseeable future?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts