Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my continuing quest for a custom exhaust, i found yet another shop here in town.
They quoted me $260 installed to remove everything behind the cats, put in a custom cat-back system consisting of 2.25" straight pipe (same as stock?) going to a muffler (dynaflow?? sound right??) and a single 4" tip.
My questions are:
a) does this seem like a good price
b) how does the 4" tip look on a stealth compared to the dual 2" (or whatever size) tips.

Thanks.

~matt

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well if they are going to charge you $250 for installation on new piping, 2.25 than it seems relatively good. You will also be paying for the muffler, which I have heard the sound file of the DynoMax on Florida Firefighters N/A and it sounds bad - ass, so it seems like a good choice. So if you take about $130 for muffler plus $250 for all the labor that is a good $380, which is a pretty good price man. Not bad at all.

A guy here in NJ wants $850 from me for installing a MPH DownPipe, Installing the FreeFlow Cat, Installing MagnaFlow Muffler and 2.5 inch piping to 2.25 inch piping extending to 4 inch tips in each side. That is a lot of money so $380 sounds good to me. HEHE:D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, then its a DAMN GOOD price, because the 260 quote was for EVERYTHING, not just for install. So it'll be like, 280 after tax, but that's it :)

~matt

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
msaskin said:
actually, then its a DAMN GOOD price, because the 260 quote was for EVERYTHING, not just for install. So it'll be like, 280 after tax, but that's it :)

~matt
WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!:D ..Damn I need to find a cheaper exhaust place, but from what I hear from his customers he is the best. There was a guy with a White VR-4 there one day before I got my car and he also mentioned to me how good the guy was and the quality was excellent but I dont know, it is too expensive but you got a damn good price. HEHE:D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, im going to do some work on a companies network that is right down the street from the exhaust place, so hopefully Ill get it installed this weekend :)
best of all, the guy said it should only take about an hour to do!!!

ill be sure to let everyone know how much it ended up costing, as well as posting pics. I'll also talk to the guy about what he would charge to prefab and ship a unit. That way people on the board (Such as yourself) could get one (assuming that the 260+tax is the TOTAL price)

~matt

·
Registered
211 Posts
msaskin,

$260+tax seems to be a really good price. A few concerns though:

1)You said this exhaust system will be 2.25"....I thought stock piping was 2.5"(I could be wrong)

2)Is it mandrel bent piping or just crush bent?

3)Will it exit on 1 side or both sides of the car?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
ZC3000 said:

1)You said this exhaust system will be 2.25"....I thought stock piping was 2.5"(I could be wrong)

2)Is it mandrel bent piping or just crush bent?

I think I can help answer a little about the questions...

1) Stock Piping is 2.25

2) I wouldnt be surprised if it was Pressure Bent. Most exhaust shops I have been to do not have Mandrel Bent Pipes so if you want them I think you are go to have to get one from and have him install it. Depending on the degree of the bend the Mandrel Piping might be hard to find. Crush Bending is the worst so I would think that Pressure Bent pipes is what he is going to use. But that is just what I think, because most people do have Pressure Bent pipping.

;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Incase anyone wants to buy mandrel bent pipes and have a muffler shop install them, www.carparts.com has a variety of pipe pieces with different diameters available that are mandrel bent to many different angles.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZC3000,

-the piping is 2.25, which is stock
-im not sure about the bend type...ill have to ask
-the exit IS only on one side because I have a stealth, not a 3000gt, and I dont feel like cutting the bumper just to have a fake dual exhaust :)

~matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts