Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided on a twin HKS 3037s setup for my car and don't know if I should go with a .61 or .73 a/r? I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be on whether a .73 a/r would be too laggy or not?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Why would you go with 3037's? There is just no since in it unless you did not research better, cheaper options. 3037's are old news (old tech). Garrett GT30's are the way to go if you are looking for that kind of power. I guess a more appropriate term for them would be 3040's. Don't thnik that they are laggier then 3037's. A GT30 is much more efficient, will spool faster, and make more power then a 3037. On top of that there full retail price is more then a 1000 dollars cheaper. HKS is a huge rip off in the turbo department. I have a feeling Garrett knew what they were doing by giving HKS there old turbo designs knowing that they were going to release much better turbos a year latter. Preatty funny to me. I plan on giving the GT30's a try after I put the GT25R's through there passes.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Oh, you can get a GT30 with a smallest A/R of .63. Ultimately that A/R is good for about 600HP. With the same turbo, Turbo Magazine, made 428.2WHP at 19psi. This was on a 4G63 engine (2.0 eclipse trubo engine). Quoted from this article "The old turbo unit had little lag; this unit(the GT30) has no lag". If you look at the dyno charts in the article, the GT30 dyno graph is just sick. Ton's of low end power with a peak of 428.2WHP and over 400WTQ at only 19psi on a 4 banger with much more to give. That's just sick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts