Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a freakin huge paycheck tomorrow, and I already ordered a Blitz DSBC. I am doing my full exhaust DP, with catback, but I live in the chicago area and have emissions to worry about. I have a few questions, first of all, I am planning on getting an ATR downpipe gutting both the pre-cats so I can place a high flow cat/ test pipe in there.

1. Will the high flow cat be able to pass emissions?
2. ATR or Borla catback?
3. Is it possible to get a Stillen DP, then swap out the stock front pre-cat with DP and main cat still attached with the stillen DP come emissions time??

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Not sure how emissions laws are like in Chicago, but I can still pass emissions with a high flow main cat and gutted precats, here in denver.

As for the stillen... I'm pretty sure it's just one piece. I thought the ATR bolted up to the precats though.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
I dont think you'll pass with a stillen, but I don't know first hand, just what I've heard.

I passed Chicago emissions with a ATR DP, ATR highflow cat, and gutted pre-cats. If you choose that set-up, you should be fine, provided the rest of the car is healthy!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then thats exactly what Ill do, thanks for the advice, and keep it comin on the cat back if you got any ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts