Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The job will be done on my spare heads in the next weeks so I wonder if anyone has some good/bad reports on this issue. I decided not to do the job by myself as there is a shop that got additional 35hp out of a brandnew M5 and this was pretty impressive to me. So far I planned to gasket-match the outlet and intake ports, while increasing the outlet a little. Also the intake manifold will be portet but not the intake plenum (runners are ok)

Any more input ?

Thanks,
Roger
93'3000GT TT "Maximum Risk"

J

·
0 Posts
Roger, I'd be interested to find out what kind of gains you get from porting the heads. I thought of having mine done while my engine was done having the front head rebuilt (actually a brand new head). Anyway, hope to see your results posted.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, they will be installed the same time with the big turbos, headers, custom IC piping and no cats. This doesn't allow me to divide the gains apart as I call this an "air flow upgrade" and is one stage
The dyno will then show the hp figure with also the upgraded fuel rail and other components.

Later
Roger
93'3000GT TT

·
Registered
182 Posts
Roger, there used to be a webiste run by Bob Fontana in Florida that had all sorts of photo's and information about our cars. He had a photo of the heads, before and after the headwork was done, a major difference. He said you could barely see straight through the ports in the heads to the combustion chambers. After the headwork, there was a big improvement. I believe his e-mail address [email protected] and if you do a people search on Yahoo, you will see his website URL. Unfortunately, when I tried his website, I got an error saying the page did not exist. He had a lot of photo's and many pages of info about the engine, turbo's, exhaust, etc.

Good Luck! Brian 1995 VR-4

I just checked on Yahoo, here's what I found:

Bob Fontana
Delray Beach, FL, US
[email protected] http://www.gate.net/~mits

[This message has been edited by BD72055 (edited December 29, 1999).]

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
i had be heads ported & polished along with a truiple cut valve job when my engine blew. it took two months to get it back on the road and i had a evc4 installed at the same time. i left the evc off for the first 1000 miles and it made me run 7psi with it off. when i got my car back it felt a little bit faster, i was at about 10psi befroe the engine blew. the shop told me that the head and valve work would give me 25hp, i had no way to measure this. i paid 650 for the work. i dont know if it was the new engine tht made my car stronger or the heads/valves. i dont know if this helps you or not, i did g-tech my car 2 weeks ago and it told me that i put 331hp to the ground. all my mods are listed on www.detroit3si.8m.com go to mich owners and then rob schoen. maybe if someone else has the same mods as me w/out the heads/valve and has a g-tech they could tell what their g-tech says.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts