Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So around october timeframe I am looking at a couple weeks of vacation in Europe, not sure where yet. A few places I am thinking of is: Poland, Amsterdam, austria, germany, or even norway(since im mostly norwegian myself :)

Just wondering who are all the european members on here and any suggestions from anybody really... Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well Amsterdam is definitely on one of my places to go just not really sure what there is to see around there besides some dykes/canals, red light district, and some museums... just trying to figure out the must see places thats it really...

thats too bad you wouldn't be in the area that'd be cool to see an international member...

·
Motormaniac
501 Posts
Well ...

I would say it is actually a matter of "what" you want to experience. Is it architecture, history, big cities or scenery ??? In that last regard Norway has some incredible scenery. The west coast here is remarkable. Especially if you experience it from the sea like on the "Hurtigruta" which has a cruise going from the far south to the far north and through some incredible fjords etc.... (expensive as sh.. though ...)
You also have som incredibly beautifyl mountain tours that are spectacular.
Aside from that I don`t feel Norway has "much" to contribute with in regards of historical places but then again I live here and you know how you kind of go blind to the things right in front of you :rolleyes:

Amsterdam is something I would consider... Seems like an interesting place both in terms of "history" (like the world known red light district, the tulips, an incredibly free of mind attitude etc...)
On the other hand it might just be another "big city" experience with the addition of cheap hoes ... :p

Germany .... well I really don`t know much about that other than CARS and BEER :)
They don`t have to much spectacular scenery, not that much history (except of course a lot of WWII stuff) and in my opinion just another big city thing .... I might be wrong though since I haven`t really been there in 25 years ... :eek:

Ireland sounds really interesting in my book .... Lots of local history (like the strange language), a really spectacular scenery as well that is very different from most other places, and would probably be my choice from your alternatives.
Not sure if I was much help or just made it worse :rolleyes: .... but I would consider my expectations to the experiences .... "city" vacation ... Germany, modern history and some scenery .... Amsterdam, Spectacular scenery and a quiet relaxed atmosphere combined with some interesting local history ... Ireland ...

TAZ

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Germany has a shit-ton of scenery. It's beautiful here and if you're into history [castles and such] you would love it here. Also, the Autobahn is sweet and beer is cheaper than water!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts