Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MUTANT VR4
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a warantee running out in about 7 months, and I have a feeling right after it runs out my tranny will go. I wanna change fate and make it go BEFORE the warantee ends. Any suggestions? I want it to look natural!

·
Registered
606 Posts
DISCLAIMER: i don't know how natural this will look, nor do i know if it will even work...but if you do try it, you'd prolly have some fun. so here's some suggestions.
-Constant launches from ~6.k-7k rpms with a full clutch dump
-Constant Powershifting
-Don't clutch it...ever

but honestly my suggestion would be, don't try to grenade your tranny. cuz in my experience, everytime i try something like that, i get fucked over. you'd prolly end up beating the living shit out of your ride for the next 7 mos, trying to break it. then after the 7 mos is up you throw a driveshift, crack a transfer case, have your clutch explode sending fragments of metal/carbon into your fuel lines, ruptering them and starting your car on fire and planting you in the hospital with 3rd degree burns, leaving you scarred for life... and that's just a few possibilities i guess...

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
hmmm. they are notorius for leaking. they are notorius for the awd locking up.

Shit. I really want you to do several dumps at 5,6 and 7k rpm. PLEASE post the results here.

Dont worry, eventually you will break the output shaft.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Umm, natural ? Like when squirrels have gnawed through your synchros ?

How bout buying a cheap, and "naturally" broken tranny and having it installed ? That way ya got a good tranny should they refuse to pay for some silly reason (like they figure ya done it on purpose or because it's them whose really scamming...)

Anyway, why not just rob a bank and be done with it ??? Or fake your death for insurance money ? Gotta be easier...

Disclaimer: The above is entirely fictional and hypothetical and should not be construed as counselling to commit any offense nor as conpiracy in same.

·
Canada Eh!
523 Posts
Good answer

94RT/TT-Mike said:

How bout buying a cheap, and "naturally" broken tranny and having it installed ? That way ya got a good tranny should they refuse to pay for some silly reason (like they figure ya done it on purpose or because it's them whose really scamming...)

Anyway, why not just rob a bank and be done with it ??? Or fake your death for insurance money ? Gotta be easier...
Good idea, you win:) lol:D

Mike
:cool:

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
94RT/TT-Mike said:

Theres an idea

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
bad idea! those trannys have numbers on them. they know which one is on your car. I'm not sure if its the same thing as insurence fraud but they probably wouldn't warantee anything else on your car, and you would end up paying another 400 to put the other tranny back in. I think you should do a couple of 7k launches behind the dealer and when it breaks, push it into the dealer.

P.S. video tape it and show it to us!

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
5-6K dumps won't do it...I do that all the time. :D 7K dumps will just toast your clutch.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hobbit382 said:
bad idea! those trannys have numbers on them. they know which one is on your car.

Dohhh ! Oh yeah...Pg. 00-15 of the Service Manual documents this as Theft Protection. So does the transaxle have your VIN stamped into it or is it just a label ?

Anyway, I'd bet there are a lot of shops who would not check such an ID and I find it hard to believe that a repair insurance inspector would think of looking for this. Anyone think I'm wrong ?

And many (or most?) of us TT and VR-4 owners are NOT on our original trannies, so the stamp or label wouldn't have a VIN on it.

Anyway, unless the warranty company is a scam, I don't think it'd be karmic (or completely legal) to do this... Might be more karmic to find a way for Mitsu (or Getrag?) to pay if it breaks...

Disclaimer: The above is entirely fictional and hypothetical and should not be construed as counselling to commit any offense nor as conpiracy in same.

·
MUTANT VR4
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking that reversing then slamming it into first then reversing then slamming it into first repetedly would make it blow...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
First of all I don't agree with this, yet find the topic absolutly reviting. :D Some big drops would probably do it, with some really bad clutch work. You might also try to make the tranny leak. If you can some how cause the tranny to naturally leak, that would probably help toast it. The whole idea here is to make it look natural. Where do tranny's naturally leak? Might need some research to make it look like it really naturally broke. That's the key here. How long have you had the tranny? Good luck~

·
~Airborne all the way~
629 Posts
Drain your fluid out, but save it in some container. Go out joy riding with a few clutch dump's. At the end of the day your tranny should be deep fired and well done. Return the oil you removed. Do not just add new oil as any technition can spot this. Because your tranny will be fried, they will most likely send of some oil to get it tested...as long as it is a 90w oil, and has been there for a while you will be ok...in the end you should have a new tranny...
-Jess

·
Registered
129 Posts
imajin said:
I was thinking that reversing then slamming it into first then reversing then slamming it into first repetedly would make it blow...
I heard some awful noises from my reverse gear once when I leaned to far to the right trying to put it in 6th gear on the highway...

Wouldn't go into gear but I lost a reverse tooth or something... Fortunately I never let the clutch out, prolly woulda blew the engine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i think speedshifting hurts the tranny more than clutch dumps. I always hear about syncros going bad, so some clutchless shifting could do the trick...uh, but that's bad.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Drop an ACME anvil on it.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Our syncros are so weak a few good powershifts will definatly kill one. Since technically the trannys aren't rebuildable, they would have to replace the whole thing. You could also do 7k clutch dumps but try 3rd gear or higher instead of 1st. That's gotta f*ck something up before your clutch grenades.:eek:

·
Registered
666 Posts
All you have to do is let me have the car for the day.........I seem to go through them like nothing.......I'm currently on my third

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Umm what all does the warranty cover?

If it covers everything how about go about 90mph then drop it down to second. I think amkreadGTO did that and blew his shit wide open.

Yea just try to shift without using the cluch. The best way to fuck it up is to try to spin the tires. or even put different size tires on it and get a new differential this way too.

Ummm put the front wheels in grass and the rear wheels on concrete and try to do a burn out........the front wheels will spin at a different rate than the rear wheels and fry something.

-Jeff

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just Keep on power shifting into second. I have a warranty too and my second gear synchro went out. I took it to the shop and told them it was grinding into second and being that Mitsubishi didnt make synchros for the tranny they had to replace the whole thing for free. Its in the shop right now getting a new tranny.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts