Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
GTO's a happening
14,000 Posts
You guys are hilarious! So let me get this right, if Gene or Kyle (smokinvr4) or any other member who scammed other members, ripped off members decided to come back and make things right, you're saying that we can't expect them to tell us why they did what they did because someone outside of the forum might find out about it? Instead a fluffy pillow and a warm glass of milk is provided? Gee, that's brilliant.

Carry on.....

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
You guys are hilarious! So let me get this right, if Gene or Kyle (smokinvr4) or any other member who scammed other members, ripped off members decided to come back and make things right, you're saying that we can't expect them to tell us why they did what they did because someone outside of the forum might find out about it? Instead a fluffy pillow and a warm glass of milk is provided? Gee, that's brilliant.

Carry on.....
No, actually I wouldn't expect them to lay their life story for the entire internet to read. The only thing I would want to know is A) how they plan on making it right and B) how long that would take. If there is nothing going on in Aussie land for you to be so worried about Eric's life, send him a PM.

Believe it or not Scotty, some people try to make up for their mistakes, but at the same time like their privacy. Whatever happened with Eric is between him and his customers. If, and that a big IF, he ever wants to sell again on here I would definitely need some reassurance that this wouldn't happen again.

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
At the end of the day the details are just drama.

Give the guy a chance to make it right. If things don't work out, it's not like anyone is loosing anything, just back to square 1.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Chris your ECU is on the way I will PM you the tracking info
Paul your ECS controller is on the way I will PM you the tracking info

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
Eric,

What happened to my ECU's? I got a tracking # over a year ago and it was not a legit tracking #. I had to buy two ECU's to replace them. Any status at this point would be nice.

Thanks,

-Dan

·
Registered
70 Posts
We have all answered your statement Scotty. No he doesn't need to say. He is getting stuff done and that's all that matters.

Coop
Not true.. He does owe us an explanation. I don't need torrid details, nor does it have to be posted on a public forum, but he should be responding to our PMs and EMails and he really should give us some sort of explanation other then "I made a bad choice." In essence, he took $800 from me, and I really would like to understand why I shouldn't be angry about it. I am by no means "kicking him when he is down" either, but I'm not going to give him a big hug, sit around the campfire and eat smores. I see Eric posting that ECUs are being returned. This makes me happier.. At least we're seeing progress. So, Eric, thanks for that. I hope you can keep updating this thread as ECUs are returned.

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
Not true.. He does owe us an explanation. I don't need torrid details, nor does it have to be posted on a public forum, but he should be responding to our PMs and EMails and he really should give us some sort of explanation other then "I made a bad choice." In essence, he took $800 from me, and I really would like to understand why I shouldn't be angry about it. I am by no means "kicking him when he is down" either, but I'm not going to give him a big hug, sit around the campfire and eat smores. I see Eric posting that ECUs are being returned. This makes me happier.. At least we're seeing progress. So, Eric, thanks for that. I hope you can keep updating this thread as ECUs are returned.
Then pm him. Period. As far as his story why not let him do what he is doing and work on ecu's and let that be his future. Don't like him, don't use him again, sue him if you think it will help, but a story doesn't matter.

You know how many stories others have told? No one cares, they just wanted the person to work....here is someone working and you want stories. Now let's all drop this so resolution can come to those who need their ecu, if you need more then pm him.

This goes for everyone, if you have an ecu that Rymer has then post asking about a status about it. If you want more personal info pm him. Please take this serious.

Coop

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
I dont want or expect excuses, sob stories or for Eric/Rymer21280 to have to explain why things went south. If he wants to it's up to him. It will make some people feel better and some it wont.

I am one of the lucky ones, it's only my ECS, not a ECU. Some people are out hundreds of dollars even after they get theirs back. Yeah they can sell them on ebay or ??? but they should not have to. Who knows what kind of personal and financial heartache it has causes some members.

I'm glad to see it is at least returning what he had. No idea how it can be made right though. If it was me I would probably walk away after it was all done although if it was me it would never have happened. I have a LONG history of going out of my way to make sure no one else is effected by my mistakes or events in my life. I even pay people who really dont deserve it hoping they will do the right thing and not accept it or make it right bout 9 out of 10 times I'm disappointed.

Like I said, my issues is how long it has taken, over 1yr. I have seen a lot of people get burned on this forum with empty promises. I really hope Eric is different and things work out. I went out of my way to make things easy for him. Sent a check for upfront repair and shipping cost, sent a bunch of capacitors I had from previously doing the repair several years earlier myself. Sent him paypal payment when he said he would have problems cashing a check due to ???

I hate it when I go out of my way to help someone and they turn around and take advantage of it, meaning to or not.

The reason I became so outspoken/passionate about this subject is not because of my situation. I wrote it off as a loss but when I found this post and saw how many other people have been effected that PISSED me off. I have always been someone to stand up for others before standing up for myself. Protecting the other guy, even if they are bigger than me.

Again, Eric, I'm not sure what happened but I hope you work things out with everyone and this is not just a ploy to buy more time due to all the lawsuit discussion.

Ill update everyone when I get mine.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Milton your ECU's went out yesterday, I PM'd you a tracking number.
Dan I will ship your ECU's out with the next batch that goes out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Eric, do let me know when you send my 9964 out. My friend in OH is OK to receive it. His address has been PMed to you. Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hi Eric, do let me know when you send my 9964 out. My friend in OH is OK to receive it. His address has been PMed to you. Thanks
It is ready to go, I will PM you the tracking info as soon as I get to the post office.

Thanks again Ken

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Re: Eric Rymer

Eric has shipped, and I rec'vd my ECU fully repaired.

-Chris

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Eric has shipped, and I rec'vd my ECU fully repaired.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Eric has shipped and I have received my two hybrid ECUs. While I don't (and won't) pretend to know what happened to bring about the problems, I want to add my voice to those who have said "wait and see what he does".

For those who suffered due to Eric's difficulties, I understand. Nothing feels quite as bad as "no good deed going unpunished"; when, through no fault of your own, you are out time and cash. For me, I had no loss other than the two ECUs. I didn't need them before I got them back, so I really have no loss at all. When it appeared they were gone forever, the hardest part was not knowing why.

I have them back. Eric has done what he said he would. Now I feel like I've received a miracle.

Perhaps the rain is gone and we can all see the rainbow? Or at least hope?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Dan you ECU's have shipped to the new address you PM'd me
Ken your ECU has shipped to the updated address
And Nate your ECU is on the way

PM's were sent with tracking information.

Eric

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have always been someone to stand up for others before standing up for myself. Protecting the other guy, even if they are bigger than me.
You, my friend, are a sheepdog. I know because I am a sheepdog, too. You are seldom appreciated for standing up but you are driven to do it anyway. For everyone you've protected who didn't have the decency to thank you, I say "Thank you."

41 - 60 of 76 Posts