Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Good to see you alive... Glad you're back. If you still have my number, give me a call so we can figure out where we're at, and talk about some future business... If you don't have it, PM me when you get a chance.

I'm sure you're getting mobbed about now, so no big hurry. I agree the priority should be cleaning up the mess first, and my stuff isn't holding me up on anything...

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Re: Eric Rymer

Personally Ill believe it when I see it. I HAD great faith in him but not any more.

Yeah I heard there was a death in the family but that was well over 1yr ago and as mentioned he is actively selling on ebay. I paid for my repairs as well as shipping up front.

Ill be more than happy to compare personal tragedies anytime and I have not neglected my responsibilities to others. A week or even a month is more than enough time to get your head back in the game at least enough to explain what the delay is and do something about getting back on track.

Just in the last 5 years I have had 1 wife die, 2 back surgeries, 1 shoulder surgery, detached retina causing 2 eye surgeries and my mom died of cancer. I'm sure I left out a couple of things.

In other words everyone has sh*t happen but it's how people deal with life when the going is tough shows their true worth, not when the going is easy.

Now get off your ass and get our ECUs and ECS's sent back. IMO they should be repaired and sent back free of charge just as well as anyone who paid upfront refunded before he is allowed to do any business via 3SI.org anytime in the future.

If this seems harsh to bad, I have been here long enough to see far to many people get ripped off. If I dont have mine back in hand before I make my 1st trip to Oregon to go quadding this summer I will guarantee I will easily find out his current location and wont be leaving without mine and a pound of flesh for my troubles so to speak.

Yup he's back. I'm still not holding my breath.
http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/erics-ecu-progress-ect-633849/

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Most of you guys are FAR more forgiving at this point them me and I am usually the one who gives someone FAR to many chances. Maybe it's because I get pissed when I am made to look like a fool after sending business his way only to have the people who sent him ECUs ask me what's up and now it's MY fault since he disappeared because I am the one who recommended him.

Maybe it's because I have seen far to many 3SI members get burned by empty promises or refunds and returning products only to see more people being ripped of.

Personally I think Eric should not be allowed to do business on 3SI until each and every ECU and ECS has been repaired, returned and no one is left saying they have not received theirs.

Sorry Eric but it has been FAR to long and it's not just a matter of making a BAD decision. It's doesn't take 1 1/2 yrs to realize it was a bad decision and correct it. It sounds more like pressure due to knowing it had reached a head, people knew how to find you and things were about to turn ugly legally and very possibly in a more up front and personal way.

Either way it would be nice to see this work out for everyone but I'm not holding my breath. Ive seen to many empty promises before. Please prove me wrong.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Glad to see you back in action. Classy way to handle the situation btw, no long sob story, personal challenges that are none of our business, etc. Just a nice simple "I am sorry and will do my best to make things right"

Cudos to you!

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Some people don't like putting their personal life out on the internet. You rarely see me post anything about my life, and I've been having it rough lately. I've fallen behind on rebuilds and whatnot. Some things are just out of your hands.

As far as Paul H, I know how you feel... as I religiously recommended Eric for ECU rebuilds. However, I'm not going to pressure him into telling me exactly what happened... since I'm not an actual customer. He has been removed from the verified seller group a LONG time ago, so he won't be selling anything until all issues are resolved. I suspect it will take a long time before he will be able to restore his reputation anyway.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am a customer and the situation really burns me. I sent an ECU last year, then Rymer "fell off the Earth". A month later, he'd sent a note saying it'd be a few weeks but would be sent.. Then he again "fell off the Earth". In order to get my car running, I had to buy a new ECU. That means I was(am) out $500+ the original $300 I paid for the one I sent to Rymer. Then I went to see a lawyer which would then cost me more time and money if I wanted to TRY to go after Rymer.. Which I haven't yet decided upon. So, honestly, I feel I should have some form of answer as to what happened, and why I am out $500+$300. I know folks said Rymer was a great guy, good work, etc, but all I see is someone that COULD have contacted us for a year now and choose not to. That part is painfully obvious... And I see that the one guy who truly spent the time with the legal actions is the one guy who was contacted.. and (maybe) will receive his ECU? I still haven't received my ECU back yet. If he's this great guy, lets see a reason as to where he has been the past year and lets see my ECU returned.. I do not think he should have access to sell anything on this forum until he makes things right, and even then.. what's to say he won't drop off for another year and take more people.. How many of use are out hundreds of dollars as we all replaced our ECUs so we could drive our cars again.. The situation sickens me..

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
HE IS NOT A VERIFIED SELLER! So he won't be selling anything on here any time soon.

And the general section is a publicly displayed subforum, meaning a simple google search will turn up results in the general section. I don't expect him to publicly post his reasons for absence. He's back on here, communicating. If you want to know what his deal was, he might be willing the share in a PRIVATE message.

·
Registered
70 Posts
April, I do appreciate everything you've done. But, even if hes not a verified seller, he can still PM someone a sob story. People may see previous threads that talk about his "great work," they may contact him. He says he's back on track, and they than they send their ECU and cash. Who knows what he does on the side.. Sure, the person should check if he's verified.. But that won't stop him from using email and Paypal for transactions. As far as PMing him- He's got my email and there are multiple PMs from me over the past year. I haven't received any PM or email since he returned.. (even though he said he was going through them). You'd think directly contacting us customers would be the first thing he'd have done.. or perhaps fixing the ECUs and then contacting us with an apology perhaps? Things do happen.. and maybe there is a legit reason for his actions, but right now.. I certainly just see smoke and mirrors since he was threatened with legal action.. Id really like to see a list of how many of us have ECUs into him.. and their status..

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Just a FYI, if I ban him from classifies, then he not only loses his ability to PM people... but he also loses all his previous PMs.

At this particular point I don't know what to think. I do know at least he's on here and making some contact, which is better than nothing.

It's been three days since he's reappeared after 10+ months... damn maybe he just got out of jail, hell I don't know. But I don't expect miracles to happen in three days.

So now lets everybody jump on his ass for failure he already knows... why don't you just kick him some more, that will make him want to stay and make things right.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
It's been posted in another thread that he didn't have legal access to the location the parts were stored... I don't know the story behind it, and I'm not going to ask anyone to post details of their life on the internet. I'm in 100% agreement with April on how to handle it. (And I'd wager I have more $ sitting in that garage than anyone else here....)

I generally have pretty low expectations for people... I'm rarely surprised by being screwed over, but I also refuse to be the cynical asshole that never gives anyone a chance to do it. Some may say that just puts a target on my back, but that's just how I roll...

He's here, and attempting to make it right, I say give him the chance....

·
GTO's a happening
14,000 Posts
Some people don't like putting their personal life out on the internet.
Firstly, I had nothing to do with Eric so maybe my opinion is not welcome in this thread, and fair enough. BUT - being that over the years we've seen a number of members ripped off/scammed and removed of their money's it really bothers me as it does a number of other members. I wouldn't expect him to detail reasons why he let the members down, but he needs to give them an idea of why he let them down. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, that's just how I roll. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Firstly, I had nothing to do with Eric so maybe my opinion is not welcome in this thread, and fair enough. BUT - being that over the years we've seen a number of members ripped off/scammed and removed of their money's it really bothers me as it does a number of other members. I wouldn't expect him to detail reasons why he let the members down, but he needs to give them an idea of why he let them down. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, that's just how I roll. :)
And if a member feels that he or she really needs to know, I guess a private message is in order; instead of asking him to toe the line in front of an entire internet audience. It's not like he was parading around with a new BMW bike and posting on other forums while ripping members off :suspect:, he literally just disappeared.

I'm saying that customers should have a right to know what happened. But they don't have the right to ask him to post it on a publicly viewed internet forum for the entire world to see.

·
GTO's a happening
14,000 Posts
Wow. You're going on like you're personally involved in this and NOT a moderator.

How do we know he hasn't got himself a new bike and been ripping other members off on various forums? How do we know he isn't just stringing everyone along RIGHT NOW? We don't. He wasn't away for a week or two or even just a month. I'm not saying his reputation should be tarnished forever. I'm not saying he should be ridiculed for what he did. But in my humble opinion, he should give everyone in this ECU Progress ect thread some kind of reason. Not every detail, but something. It's for his own good and it's the professional thing to do. Taking his side where we feel pity for him is ABSOLUTELY the wrong thing to do, until the facts are out, which they most certainly are not.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just to add to the discussion, I have recieved quite a few PM's already with people asking for ECU repair. I will NOT be asking, or accepting any ECU's or anything to work on until everyones property is returned.
I understand everyones frustration, I am working hard to get this straightened out.

·
Curmudgeon
5,398 Posts
Sorry Scooter but I have to disagree.
I think April should be commended for reminding people not to pull their pants down in public, so so speak.
This is a public forum. Meaning that ANYBODY, not just members, can search it. Lawyers, ex-wives, prosecutors, employers, future ex-wives, ANYBODY can google it up. Now whether on not Eric owes his customers, or even the community in general an accounting for things is another question. As I understand it what April is saying THIS is not the place for it.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Sorry Scooter but I have to disagree.
I think April should be commended for reminding people not to pull their pants down in public, so so speak.
This is a public forum. Meaning that ANYBODY, not just members, can search it. Lawyers, ex-wives, prosecutors, employers, future ex-wives, ANYBODY can google it up. Now whether on not Eric owes his customers, or even the community in general an accounting for things is another question. As I understand it what April is saying THIS is not the place for it.
Thank you Steve, somebody gets it.

The only thing Eric needs to post in the " ECU progress" thread is the progress on getting people their stuff back. He doesn't need to feed your high school curiosity on his life woes. If you don't have business dealing with him, it really none of your business what happened in his life, and he owes you nothing. And if he scammed other people through different forums or riding around on a brand new bike/car, chances are I would have heard about it by now. I still get updates on Eugene from various people.

I'm not defending Eric for his decisions over the past year, I'm simply saying he doesn't owe the entire internet an explanation.

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
Honestly guys, does a sob story help you sleep at night? I've read a bunch in my time here and at the end of the day it doesn't matter because if they want to try and screw you they will and if they want to try and make it right they will. Here is someone who is trying to make it right and some of you are demanding to hear some story like it will make it all better.

I don't know the story either, I just know that the dude did great work on my ecu, and was quick. So if he is back to work I bet he will be pretty quick about getting things out to people.

If he is not then that's when you can think about legal action as this talk was just a ploy.

Coop

21 - 40 of 76 Posts