Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I want to start off by apologizing for having everyones parts for so long, and not getting in contact with anyone. I believe stacker4 posted he and I have been speaking over the phone, and he explained some of the bad luck\poor decisions I made over the last 10 months or so.
Now that I am getting all back settled in I have been sending out the ECU's that have been repaired already, and repairing the ones that still need worked on.
My hopes are to get everyones stuff shipped out by the end of this month, hopefully sooner. I am in the process of cleaning out my PM box. Before I really start sending out ECU's I want to make sure no one has changed their address, if you have moved and I have your ECU please let me know.
As I get to your ECU, ECS, or DCC display's I will contact you to let you know they are finished, and on the way. I do not have some of your screen names, just the name\address that was on the package I recieved.

Once again words cannot express how sorry I am all of this happened. I am truly sorry and I hope to stay a part of the 3si community for a long time.

Eric Rymer

·
In a metal band with JCVD
1,760 Posts
Glad to see you back!

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
Eric,

I have moved recently so I will need to give you the new address for my ECU's. PM me when your box is able to communicate.

Thanks,

Dan

·
There will be Blood!
1,235 Posts
Sweet I don't have to stop by to check on you now. Good to hear you are back in the game. Would still love to stop in sometime to meet, and shoot the shit...

Bill

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well this went better then I thought it would :)

Welcome back bro, glad to have you on board again..

You don't realize how vital your services are to this community, I do appreciate your apology..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Eric Rymer

I don't have an email for him. He sent back one of my ECUs-repaired. Just got it today. He sent several ecus out to other people too.

·
Registered
789 Posts

glad to hear that something positive is coming out of this finally.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts

Sounding promising, haven't received my ECU yet, but maybe it's on the way.

-Chris

·
Creator of weird stuff...
4,115 Posts

I just noticed him posting again on this site.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Glad to see you are OK. A lot of us were worried about you.

My address is the same, so when you are done with mine, you can ship it back to the same address.

Thanks!

-Chris

·
Registered
213 Posts
What's so hard about about ecu repair? I see import power who I'm considering for a tranny synchro refresh talking about he sent his ecu out. I'm confused. I think the reason I got my vr4 for only 4800 bucks was because the ecu was blown and they couldn't track down the issue. 4 dollars in caps later my car purrs like a walrus. No more stall outs or 3-4k rpm hesitation issues.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to see you are OK. A lot of us were worried about you.

My address is the same, so when you are done with mine, you can ship it back to the same address.

Thanks!

-Chris
Thank's Chris!
I am pretty sure your ECU is finished, If so it will ship out this comming Monday with the other peoples stuff I have ready. I will let you know either way.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
What's so hard about about ecu repair? I see import power who I'm considering for a tranny synchro refresh talking about he sent his ecu out. I'm confused. I think the reason I got my vr4 for only 4800 bucks was because the ecu was blown and they couldn't track down the issue. 4 dollars in caps later my car purrs like a walrus. No more stall outs or 3-4k rpm hesitation issues.
ECU repair can range from the easy/mundane 3 capacitor leaking replacement issue, of which I have been doing on these ECUs for about 10 yrs, all the way up to daughter boards and surface mount transistors being blown.

Cap replacement? Cake, 10 minute job. The damage that the cap's leaking electrolytic has caused can be another story as it eats away at traces on the board. And left unchecked long enough really eats away at the board and gets into other components.

So ECU repair can range from simple, all you need is a soldering station and solder sucker. To needing higher end computer repair tools and knowledge, parts, and testing equipment.

For me, my time is about 300% tapped out with cars in the service shop building engines, rebuilding transaxles and transfer cases, general car maintenance jobs, packing/shipping orders, replying to customers via email, facebook, telephone, keeping up with inventory and ordering stock.

At the end of every day, 7 days a week, I run out of time to do what I need to get done. Repairing ECUs in house too? Ain't nobody got time for that. So yes, I farm it out to a company/person whom only does ECU repair.

As a company, you have to know what you can do, what you have time for, and when it's beneficial to use someone who specializes in something, like ECU repair, to get everything done. I iz only one person.

-Chris

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Keep it on topic... Joey and Steve.

Eric, when you get a chance can you update your contact information? I tried several times to call you, and various emails with no luck. You can PM me if you like, or just let me know you updated your profile.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts