Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my intense shock over my rebuild costs, I called a place I found on the Supra site (mkiv.com) Z-sport/ The Engine and Transmission Exchange says they can sell me a complete direct-from-Japan DOHC non-turbo motor with less than 35,000 miles on it. I will get a motor that was tested after it came off the boat, a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty
with core return for $1695 plus $135 shipping. They sell turbo motors for $3200 (with turbos), though they are currently out of stock. I spoke with the owner, Greg Watts, and he was very helpful. If what he says is true, his opperation is very large. 18,000 engines at the LA receiving facility and a Japanese resident purchaser. Somehow it seems too good to be true. I know how the saying goes, but this man seems sincere. Has anyone ever heard of this place? I need very much to have this work, but can't get burned out of $2000 dollars. I'm open to any and all suggestions. More info is at http://www.zsport.com Apparently, they have Getrags too

[This message has been edited by Gatecrasher (edited December 09, 1999).]

M

·
0 Posts
I have a friend who is into hondas and he drives a 90something civic but anyways, he and his friends deal with that company and he bought a V-Tech motor out of Japan and he loves it. Just thought I'd let ya know that these guys arent full of shit. The engine of Jeff's (my friend) was fresh as all hell when he got it so hopefully yours will be too if you get one. I might try it as well in the future. I've only got about 71500 right now but ya never know a new one would be nice.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
On purchasing motors. I almost purchased one for my VR4 when the bearing spun. Dr. Motorworks offered me a longblock with a 3yr 100K mile parts and labor warranty installed for $4300 (including taxes and plugs, oil, etc).If interested in more info. , let me know.
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts