Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 VR4 that i rebuilt not too long ago. Anyways I have developed a problem where I get alot of hesitation and stuttering whenever i am making a pull or going up hill. It also usually only does it in the 2500-4000 rpm range, outside of that its really smooth. I have new spark plugs in it and a set of MSD wires. The weird thing about it though was it all happened suddenly when i went to start it one day, i get no CEL's pr anything when it happens either. I was going to swap out the ecu yesterday since I have a spare sitting around but i saw that they rewired the PTU up to it with a much larger gauge wire than it should be, was thinking this can be the issue but not sure. Ill still swap out the ECU today and post my results and see if that fixes anything, but any help towards what all i should be testing to fix would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went ahead and swapped my spare ecu and it actually did seem to help but it was still there, that could just be the ecu adjusting though. Im going to run a wire to the battery from to the test port for the fuel pump and see if I may need to hot wire it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts