Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
Turbo version related questions:
somebody has a step by step instruction to do it .
Instruction to rebuild crankcase ( bearings ,rods),top end
Prart list you need pprice if possible ,perfomance v.eom
Is the 2nd gen crank fit on first
awhat else could be good to do once the engine is out
It has 100k , runs perfect except spun rod bearing( #5)
Thank you guys!
Lajos

·
Registered
871 Posts
Same EXACT thing happened to my cousin in his rt na. He is just putting new parts in. While he was down there, his crank was messed up. So he needed a new crank. And his oil rings had play, there was quite a few things wrong. The 2g 3s crank wont fit a 1g. 1g is 2 bolt main, 2g is 4 bolt.He is still waiting to put together everything. His oil rings haven't come in yet. I may be able to take pics of every step.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Double check that info. Seems to me that most people, when replacing the crank, get the 2nd gen crank. The block and caps are different to support the extra bolts, but I think the crank is the same.

·
Wrenchmonkey #839
4,979 Posts
2nd Gen cranks should fit

After I bought my 4-bolt short block, I talked to GT-Pro, Dynamic Racing and Altered Atmosphere. They all suggested that if I dropped a 2nd gen steel crank in my first gen 2-bolt main block that the bottom end would be strong enough for anything but the most extreme power upgrades.

If you want to see the differnce between 2 bolt main parts and 4-bolt main parts I have picures on my web page.

http://members.aol.com/johnmonnin/6fourbolt1.html

I also have my personal sugegstions listed for partsyou should replace, polish or upgrade when you have your engine out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx John!
Yes the 2nd gen is a dirrect replacmet for 1st gen.-s .The matter of fact that mits. don't even make 1st gen cranks anymore !
Thanks guys!
Lajos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts