Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Verified Seller
1,035 Posts
OP, I’m gonna echo what a couple other guys have said here, as a cautionary. You’re in such a headlong rush to reattach everything ASAP and get it running, that I’m concerned you’re going to make an error in your haste. Don’t slap it together to get it running. I promise you, you’ll be taking it all apart in a few weeks again to repair and replace parts if you do. Take your time, be meticulous with each step. Proper order, proper torque, the works.

And before you do anything else, fix that timing if you haven’t already!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I mostly agree with the other guys here take everything slow and fallowing as much as you can the service manual if you are able mostly for torque specs/sequence and special gaskets makers if needed due to ending up with a leak or messing up the engine after putting everything together and starting it/ if it starts, but as far as i know forums are for asking for help and looking for answers if your not willing to help just dont let the others who are willing to help just help no need to start a negative back slash for asking or not finding the answers on them self not all are savvy's and sometimes it just takes messing up to learn it might be a costly one but it takes that to learn sometimes. people here act like they where born with the knowledge at one point we all asked for help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yeah I’m sorry I don’t want you to think that I’m taking advantage of the forums it’s just my dad is kicking me out of the shop June 02 and I work full time so it’s just hard sometimes when I’m done with this project I will at least be a little knowledgeable of what goes into working on this car and helping others

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you sure that bracket actually came from your car? I swear it looks like an intake manifold support bracket off a 4 cylinder engine of some kind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I’m not sure I know it’s hecka oily like the rest of my parts (why I rebuilt it just a ton of oil leaks) and the rebuilder put it with the rest of my stuff

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Check this website out has a lot of pictures, hope it helps a little:

Unfortunately the Mitsubishi 3000GT FSM is not really well put together as other FSM. IMO, the 1991 Honda Civic FSM is pretty well organized. However, the Honda Civic has two less pistons and no turbos. Remember to read the FSM as there are some tiny important details that I cannot remember off the top of my head. Hope it all works out for you.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts