Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was at a stop light today and i stick my car in nuetral (auto) and the cars idle drops dramatically and then the engine keeps it alive. So the next stoplight i stick it in nuetral again and it drops to about 5k then 4k and it holds it there for a second and then the car just dies. this happens when i go from park to reverse or drive or nuetral....or anything, it seems anytime that i put it in a diffeerent gear or whatever the car dies on me. So i did it again and i watched my battery gauge(its pretty old looking battery) and when the car has the problem idling right before it dies the volts go down to about 12-volts and when it dies it does it at 12 volts.....what could be the problem? Please help asap

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just dies!

I'd say clogged fuel filter
Or You need to set your idle a little higher. Say around 800-900 RPM's.

If that doesn't fix it.
I'd start with checking plugs-wires-pcv valve-& other regular maintenance stuff.
If your car is turbo make sure all your air piping connections are tight and not leaking, espially the one that connects to the injection Plenum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.