Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL,
So I Pull my Engine and Transmission on my 91 TT , I want do do a 60k tune up on my engine as well as most if not all gasket. I was experiencing some oil leak. Can anyone who has pull the engine and Trans tell me w hat else should I do or change while I have these out of the car ? Also I want to change my fuel lines and cooler lines, can some one tell me where I get these stainless steel lines I saw a few people using. Also since its so difficult to get a scan tool to these cars are their any sensors that i should loot to change as well just as a precaution. After all the car has over 150,000 miles

Thanks

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,004 Posts
This is a GREAT scan tool that's available....

You might want to consider new rod bearings and for sure a new oil pump (if that wasn't already in your 60K plans)

Engine mounts, fuel filter....the list could go on and on..

Good luck!

Bob.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Personally, if I have all that out, it's all getting done. No better time.
1) Hone and re-ring
2) Check out the heads, at a minimum lap valves, replace valve seals, cam seals, probably re-surface, make sure valve guides are good
3) Bearings, measure oil pump clearances, re-furb/replace as necessary
4) Clean, clean clean

If the trans wasn't acting up, I probably wouldn't do anything other that re-surface flywheel and replace clutch. Inspect clutch fork and ball for wear, replace as necessary.
Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts