Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
Is it the front transaxle stay bracket? does this ring a bell?

·
U2SLOW
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah....now I am kinda confused? Is it for the tranny or the turbo? If the turbo...which one? I went out and looked but I couldn't find where it would bolt on the turbo (I am kinda blind when it comes to simple things like this)

Thanks,

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Definetely front turbo. Its a bitch to get back on too. I had so much troubles with it and didnt find it necessary, i think i left it off on my first turbo swap. BTW, im not recommending you do the same, especially with the engine out. It should be a lot easier.

·
Wrenchmonkey #839
4,990 Posts
See picture

My memory is starting to get bad on my rebuild but I think I have a picture of it.

That bracket can be a real pain to install after the engine is in the car. You can see it in this picture, it is partiallially covered by oil return line but you can see it.

I am 75% sure this is the right bracket.

·
U2SLOW
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We bolted the bracket on last night. It was a real pain to put in even with the engine out of the car becaus we had already tightened the manifold and all the lines down, but we got it. :) Everything looks promising and we are going to drop it in today. I hope it starts up and runs well. Cross your fingers for me guys and I will let ya know. T

Thanks again for the support,

Gabe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts