Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having used wheels shipped to me UPS COD. My question is that I want to check the wheels out before I give the check to the delivery man. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm told that he won't sit there while I check them out.

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
UPS rules will not allow you to open the package on the scene without paying for the COD. And to pay for the COD, you're denying all right to return postage. Open them, and you have to pay the return shipping cost. Of which, the driver on the scene will not accept, as they don't take cash, and will not take money for UPS. You will have to take the wheels back to the local UPS center, and have them shipped at your expense.

Hope them wheels are in good shape for you,

Kenneth

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know of a shipping company that will let me inspect the wheels before paying?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Not likely. How involved / on the hook do you think they want to be? As far as their concerned, whether or not you buy, is between you and the seller.They have every right to be paid regardless.

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen many pictures of them but I don't how do I know if the pictures that I have are of the rims that are for sale? They could also get damaged during the shipping.

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
who are you getting them from? Maybe some of us have had dealings with them before. I have delt with a few people on here and have had good luck so far. I have only heard of a couple complaints.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
No offense, but you should have worked out the details of the details of the wheels before finalizing the deal. Shoulda had the person send pictures and make sure they gave you complete description of their condition.

I bought my wheels from someone in Chicago, and actually bought them sight unseen, but I had a good description of their condition, and had talked to the guy on the phone a couple times and had a few emails back and forth so had a good feeling about everything. The wheels weren't perfect, but damn near close too it. Close enough for the deal I got on them by a LONG shot.

When conducting individual transactions based on finds on the net, etc, take into account where you're finding the items and get some personal contact if you're talking a lot of money.

EricB

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know what to do because I want to do it through an escrow service. This is how it works. I send the money including the shipping charge to the escrow company and they call him and say send the wheels we have the money. He sends the wheels and that's it. But, if I don't like the wheels, I get my money back and he's stuck with the $70 shipping charge. The problem is he refuses to take the chance that I don't want them which is very slim- in turn he's out $70. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Who is he? Maybe someone knows him and can take a look at the wheels before he sends them to you. Let us help you.

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paul, I really appreciate you trying to help me out. His name is Bill Davis, his 3SI member name is WJDavis. He lives in St. Louis, I think in a suburb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts