Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,457 Posts
Ummm....
Did you by chance happen NOT to plug the connector for the passenger side window switch back in?

This is getting confusing :)

·
13,457 Posts
I believe your Power Window relay is bad, based on the fact when you switched it with the FOG LIGHT relay, your bolster and lumbar came back. Their power also comes through that Power Window relay....

Why the windows still don't work is yet a mystery, and I'm hoping I hit the nail on the head with the connector not being pulled in for the passenger door...

·
13,457 Posts
Ok, let me get this right.
1) You started to just replace the passenger side window motor.
2) After the install neither of the windows worked.
3) You replaced the original motor and both windows did not work, along with
a) cluster lights
b) lumbar and bolster
4) After finding and replacing fuse #11 under dash, cluster lights returned
5) Now, after swapping the fog light relay for the power window relay
a) we have bolster and lumbar
b) we still have no power windows
c) we've now lost all right door switch functions
d) the passenger door mirror does not move (you do know that you need to move the little button on the mirror control to the right to adjust the right mirror?)

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yes the left mirror will work but not the right. It’s like there’s no power to the right door at all

·
13,457 Posts
And the drivers window still does not work either, correct?

·
13,457 Posts
Does the drivers side door lock work?

·
13,457 Posts
This is getting EXTREMELY confusing, so I need to ask. Prior to the passenger window motor swap, was IT the only thing that didn't work?
If not, what else did not work?

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes before trying to switch out the assembly the passenger window was the only thing not working along with the switches for the passenger window

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You can see why I came to the forum for this because I could not figure it out myself

·
13,457 Posts
Oh, I forgot, did you lose turns but not hazards?
Are any of those back?

·
13,457 Posts
Does the car even run?
Sorry, my brain hurts.....

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The car runs and I have my turn signals and gauges back after I replaced the one fuse near the beginning of the discussion

·
13,457 Posts
OK, here is my new guess on why the passenger door has lost all power, and it's a stretch...

I'm guessing you maybe have the drivers door panel hanging so that you can troubleshoot that side?

If so, pull that 21 pin connector and CAREFULLY look at each pin in the connector to make sure they are fully seated in the connector.

If one has pulled out, even just a little, try to re-seat it.

My thought is, if you got unlucky enough, and either the ground or power wire is dislodged, you got ZIP at that door...

·
13,457 Posts
Great time for that Maintenance thing, eh?

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Everything is mounted back up even the door panels since it’s my daily driver but I’ll take the panel back off and give it another look

·
13,457 Posts
Sorry, I'm running out of options here....

·
13,457 Posts
Any luck?

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,013 Posts
Sorry, I'm running out of options here....
You might be but man you’re hanging in there and I might say doing a good job (y). I’m sorry about not being able to help you, just been crazy here with computer stopping when ever it fells like it. Not to mention wife and I dealing with governor suggesting 65 + self quarantine because of covid 19 virus, we both fall in that category and are in the most concentrated area in Virginia and location of only two deaths in state.:(

As little that I’ve been able to catch up and check prints, I think you’re mostly right about door jam 21 pin connector since its one common item dealing with all the right door problems. Since fuse and relay where taken out by work he did in right door, there’s a chance a voltage spike also damaged (one-touch down circuit) in drivers door which might have disabled ability to roll it down.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts