Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to keep an electric antenna working in the winter? I heard oil will attract dirt and make it worse. Any ideas? Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a problem with my antenna not retracting all the way earlier this winter. I got advised on the starnet list to wipe it clean of all the old dry lubricant and then wax it with a good wax. I did this and have had no further problems. BTW....if you do this, close your garage door so your neighbors don't talk about you performing lude acts on your vehicle. he he

Mark '96 VR-4

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
I really wish I would have seen this post about a week ago. My antenna wasn't going down all the way, and the motor kept trying, so I helped it. I did this for about 2 days, up and down, and soon the motor was staying on even when it was all the way down, and I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop, and I finally had time to take out the motor completely, and noticed it was an after market motor. The motor seems fine, but the white cord in the antenna is definitley stripped. I saw another motor for $40 at walmart, but does anyone know of any way to just replace the antenna itself? I don't want to spend $40 just to listen to the radio, but I would like to be able to listen to it. Any info?

Jason
92 Stealth R/T TT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts