Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm thinking to lowered my car.
Could you give your opinion which spring is better Eibach or Intrax regarding the ride and handling.
Where can I get them for a good price, I'm in Los Angeles area.
Thanks.

Yours,
Ferry

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
It depends on your goal. I have intrax on my vr4 because it is my beast. If I were to lower my SL I would use eibach because it is just for cruis'n.

·
Drunken Barmaids
247 Posts
As far as I know, Intrax will lower your car more than Eibach. I have Eibach, and I wish they went down a little lower.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't had intrax or eibach on my 3000gt, but i have had them on previous cars. Eibach prokit springs don't lower the car enough for most people. But, its a better spring, period. It is better quality, and better R&D. The ride quality was good also. The intrax usually rides a bit harsher, and isn't at the same quality level as eibach. But if you want the lowered look, you have to get intrax, ground control, or tein. I have heard MANY ppl complain about intrax sagging over time on other cars. Haven't heard about it being a problem for the 3s though. Most people here seem pretty happy with them.

If you want ride and handling, go eibach. Intrax if you want looks.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
If you want ride and handling, go eibach. Intrax if you want looks
Thats interesting, I think it is the other way around. My vr4 handles orgasmically but looks too low. Whereas the eibach look good but shouldn't handle as well. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My vr4 handles orgasmically but looks too low. Whereas the eibach look good but shouldn't handle as well.
haha, well, i guess its a matter of perspective. Like i said, never had em for a 3s. I have the ground controls now. All i know is that i liked the handling of the eibachs more than the intrax, and as an added bonus, the ride was better. I think the spring rates were either not as well suited to the shocks, or the front/rear spring ratio was not as good as the eibach. But, the eibachs look nearly stock, which isn't very flashy, but is way better for most streets anyway.

Right now, i measured about a 1.6 inch drop, and it seems dayum low. The intrax must be hard to get up driveways and stuff. looks sweet tho, imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts