Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AZ 3/S Tech
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When taking apart my plenum/upper intake i busted the EGR temp sensor. My mechanic said that they accidentally do this on most every vr4 that comes into the shop..."shouldn't be a problem, but it will send a code..". didnt think any thing of it ...well today under moderate boost (less than 12PSI) my engine tried to stall out as if one of the intercooler pipes had popped off. My check engine light came on for a couple of seconds and then went away mean while the car is still running (and running fine?). Checked all of the pipes..OK. Anyone ever experienced this or is this a symptom of something else....how much does an EGR temp sensor cost?
....HELP?....
Tim Yerkes
cincy

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Hmmm, you have a newer or California car as normally we do NOT have the EGR temp sensor. For the code, you may experienced heavy knock due to the bang situation. If this was for a longer time, the ECU sets a code but resets it when the conditions come back to normal. You may check the standard resistance of the EGR sensor and simulate it with a resistor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts