Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked before but what kind of experience do all of you TT owners have with this mod. I installed It and it seems like my car is slower. I dont get it, I should of saved for a boost controler:(

Brian

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

Come on guys I know someone here has a Twin Turbo with an under drive pully.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
well i don't have a TT but if i did i definately would have bought that boost controller first ;)

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I have not UDP because I have heard negative things about them. If you have not already, the two best mods for a TT are DP or Boost controller.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
My car had a noticable power increase with the UDP. I don't have a clue as to why yours slowed down.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Trevor, were you ever worried about the ill-effects of the UDP. I know that every mod has someone saying that it might damage something else. However, I have heard so many people with negative things to say about the UDP.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
I know this post is for TTs, but I have an N/A with an UDP, and I love it. Adds a noticable amount of power.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I'm not too worried about it. Matt Monett from Dynamic Racing has a customer in Florida that has over 40K miles on his UDP on a 99 VR-4. If my engine lasts 40K without a rebuild I'll be surprised and probably pissed because I'll have to tear it apart to put the 3.5L stroker crank in it even though nothing is wrong with it! :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've heard good things and bad things about this mod and to be quite honest, I'm not sure as to which way I'm leaning on this one.
Don't quote me on this, but Unorthodox Racing claims that their underdrive pulleys get 85% of their power increase due to the weight loss associated with the pulley (made of aluminum). They say that underdriving only accounts for about 15% of the total HP increase.....and they supposedly don't recommend aggressive underdriving because you don't gain much HP via this method. If all this is true, then I don't see why it should affect accessory performance so adversely.
That's just my $.02

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I can tell you this...I wouldn't want them to underdrive the accesories any more than they've designed it to. My lights dim a little and I can hear the air conditioning fan fan pitch slow down a hair when the car is idling. I'd buy it again though.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have UDP's on my vr-4 and dont have any problems at all, but I'm going on 10k since the mod. When and if it ever does have creates a problem then that gives me a reason to get some ross pistons and rods and bore it out .050 to a 3.1L... I have other friends with alot more miles on their UDP and don't have a problem either. I wasn't sure after i ordered them about the side effects it would have on my engine but they are on my car now. I think you really can't go by what other people say about UDP because you will go both ways. but if it bothers you don't do it. but I will tell you this. on bad boost spike on your boost controller will do more damage then udp will ever do. Believe me you will spike with any boost controller out there. I have done it and if someone says that haven't please tell me what they have set it too.

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
I also have a UDP on my TT...I didn't really notice any change, but then again I hit a damn deer the night I installed it, so I didn't get to really drive it for about 2 months. I'm sure it made a difference, but since I had to drive a S10 for 2 months, my car seemed like a freaking rocket when I finally got it back from the body shop. At least I know it is saving a few pounds...it is way lighter than the stock pulley.

Chris

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
KD4PWH said:
I also have a UDP on my TT...I didn't really notice any change, but then again I hit a damn deer the night I installed it, so I didn't get to really drive it for about 2 months
Chris
LOL...:D that sux man....but nonetheless the Unorthadox Racing Underdrive Pulley works best on an N/A not really as much productive on a TT. ;)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I have one and have no complaints. It gave noticeable power gains (especially very low RPM's) and was a relatively cheap mod. About the underdriving, yeah, good thing they didn't underdrive the accessories any more than they did. Lights go VERY dim at idle and fan doesn't blow as hard. No biggee though ;)
Later,
Mark
BTW Brian:
Your sig. picture is H U G E! :D I felt like I was lakeside for a minute or so. :cool:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
96TTtrqmnstr said:

BTW Brian:
Your sig. picture is H U G E! :D I felt like I was lakeside for a minute or so. :cool:
LOL....I know I had to rush out and get my sunglasses to view this thread. HEHE:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah, I have a UDP pulley that I have not installed yet. I was trying to sell it earlier, but found out that I was selling it for more than you can buy it from a tuner:( . I obviously still have it. My reason for not installing it was the accessory issue. I'm running two 400 RMS Blade amplifiers.
I've also heard many bad things about the UDP, but no one has ever specifically shown that it caused their failure/problem (not amphere related). Correct me if I'm wrong, though. I would like to know if anyone who has had a spun bearing were using a UDP. With the crank harmonics being changed I could see a SLIM possiblity, but I doubt it. I know two persons who have spun bearings, I know more than that who have UDP who have not(not a fair comparison.. I know).

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I thought there was something that you could buy from Buschur Racing that made the udp okay.

·
Registered
578 Posts
no.. thats just a company that wants your money for no reason.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Jays93VR4 said:
no.. thats just a company that wants your money for no reason.
LMAO!!!!!!:D :p :D ~~~~ I have no idea if it is true or not but it was damn funny. And yes you could get one from Buschur Racing but it is about $400.00 out of your pocket. HEHE:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts