Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
need 4 speed
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the procedure to stop my ECS light from blinking? remember reading about this before.

btw, got my blue smoking prob solved. it was what we all suspected, the valve stem seals. had new water pump, timming belt, and other 60K sevice done for, gulp $3200

·
Registered
92 Posts
The ECS light flashes usually when on one or more of the wires to the front struts break. I have not had problems with this, but from previous posts all you have to do is repair the wire(s). Somebody also used some silicon in the harness after he had fixed the problem to prevent it from happening again.

Jeremy
94 RT/TT

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Could also be the rear struts.

Read the code off of the diagnostic connector (pins 12 and, I think 5. Or maybe it's 6. Could be 9. Hell, read them all). You're looking for sixty-something. Let me know what you see, and I'll look it up. No point dicking around with a strut unless you really have to.

Case I don't read this thread again, feel free to email the code you get.

G

·
go under the hood and pull off the strut cover and unplug the wiring harness right there its only like a 6 inch piece that has the broken wire in it. mine broke right where they plug into the strut. Get a nice little solder gun tip and thin gauge solder cause its a tricky litlle project

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.