Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Drives 2003 COBRA 435rwhp
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is my question has anyone tried to put on an aftermarket e-brake handle that you needed to cut off about a 1/2 inch of metal from the top of the e-brake lever around the button. The button itself is just fine but the inside of the Carbon fiber e-brake handle I just received as some piece of metal that hits the metal around the top of it and taking a hack saw to it is my only thought.

So would this be a problem down the road??

Has anyone tried it?

Or has anyone found a really nice looking Carbon Fiber e-brake handle that fits with no modification??

thanks everyone

· Registered
9 Posts
Okay here is my question has anyone tried to put on an aftermarket e-brake handle that you needed to cut off about a 1/2 inch of metal from the top of the e-brake lever around the button. The button itself is just fine but the inside of the Carbon fiber e-brake handle I just received as some piece of metal that hits the metal around the top of it and taking a hack saw to it is my only thought.

Has anyone tried it?

Or has anyone found a really nice looking Carbon Fiber e-brake handle that fits with no modification??

thanks everyone
Can you tell me how you removed the handle and button? Thank

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts

Has anyone tried it?

thanks everyone
What I would do instead of cutting it is getting a aftermarket aluminum E brake button with some red thread locker and slide your carbon fiber cover on and applying red thread lock to the inside of E brake button and thread down till your satisfied with fitment and depth of button

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts

Ordered from 3SX brake button and this is a aluminum button my OEM one my dog decided she wanted to chew on it ... but it is run all the way down on the threads and I can't turn it in any more still sticks half an inch out

· Registered
9 Posts
The E brake button threads on like a nut and the oem cover with a little bit of twisting left and right will slide off the E brake shaft
So I need to first, unscrew the button counterclockwise and then twist and pull off the handle? Previously I was just trying to pull the handle off first but it didn't budge, so I just wanted to confirm I need to remove the button first. Thanks!

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Boot will slide off... button has a slight tapered end on it slightly wider on the back side inside boot cover if I remember correctly
Pull boot first then unscrew the button counter clockwise
it is NOT reverse threaded

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.