Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i get sick and tired off running straight pipe for almost a year. ive owned the borla and stock turbo exhaust then MR DP and stock exhaust all of them i havent liked. althought i did like the sound of the straight pipe but it was WAY WAY TOO LOUD.

so i finally bought mufflers. i bought 2 of them from jegs 80 each measuring 21'' overall length 6'' diameter 2.5'' pipe high flo ultra weld dynomax mufflers. (added bonus they were slip fit made tigging them easy) it is mellow much quieter then my borla and doesnt have that raspyness in the higher end and not annoying on the highways.

if you are skilled or know someone who is with a welder and chopsaw this setup is cheap, and very well worth the time.

· Ancient Spirit Of Evil
6,574 Posts
how the hell do you plan on making a 21" long anything fit on the passenger side? there is no way and if you do make it fit the horrid 90 degree bend you will need will negate any sound/performance out of your setup

see what the length is on the borla mufflers and try getting that size, I have tried getting some Hayame(SPW) in there because they look awesome but this just won't work, the bend and fitment is just wrong

· Registered
1,163 Posts
I think he's probably non-turbo/non AWD?

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im turbo awd it fits nicly, the pipping is run exactly like the ips kit. the borla mufflers are about 9 inchs and roughly 4.5 - 5 inch diameter. they fit but its close and the 21 inchs is from end to end. and i belive its 18 for the canister

· No sheep are safe tonight
1,442 Posts
I have the Borla exhaust mated to a Stillen dp and it sounds good, but it's loud, no question.
My plan is to replace the Borla cans with Magnaflow ovals. As far as I can tell, they'll fit nicely. But that said, I've used Dynomax on my old supra, and had no complaints. I prefer the magnaflow sound though.

· Ancient Spirit Of Evil
6,574 Posts
im turbo awd it fits nicly, the pipping is run exactly like the ips kit. the borla mufflers are about 9 inchs and roughly 4.5 - 5 inch diameter. they fit but its close and the 21 inchs is from end to end. and i belive its 18 for the canister
I find this difficult to fathom, I tried fitting in a muffler that was 20" long from end to end and 4.5" diameter at its thickest (HAYAME/SPW superchrome) and it will not fit no matter WTF you tried to do with it, will not sit straight, will hit the suspension, the bend was impossible and downright stupid

I can weld, I welded my whole exhaust setup with magnaflow mufflers and resonators, there is no way you can make anything bigger than 18" from end to end fit right under there unless your car has a very tiny fuel tank and your rear arms are gone, just saying

· Registered
1,163 Posts
I find this difficult to fathom, I tried fitting in a muffler that was 20" long from end to end and 4.5" diameter at its thickest (HAYAME/SPW superchrome) and it will not fit no matter WTF you tried to do with it, will not sit straight, will hit the suspension, the bend was impossible and downright stupid

I can weld, I welded my whole exhaust setup with magnaflow mufflers and resonators, there is no way you can make anything bigger than 18" from end to end fit right under there unless your car has a very tiny fuel tank and your rear arms are gone, just saying
Yeah, that's the biggest hang up i'm aware of, so maybe vyper can take some pics, becasue all i've heard is the same thing KelvinTurbo is saying. I want the IPS catback so bad, but have to figure out a reasonble noise level...I may modify the gastank.

· Registered
1,163 Posts
okay, the 16" body amkes more sense. I think its available w/ 3" in/out too. I'm going to check this out.

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think in all i used 4 90 bends 2 of which were used to make a y that angled slightly up to tuck the exhaust up under neath the car like stock and then the other 2 almost at even with the rear wheels muflers then crapy made tips as i havent really found anything i like other then the ips quad tips but they wont fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.