101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
9,450 Posts

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
sorry for the lack in updates. I've downloaded the info for the updates but have had zero time to actually update the excel files. i've got another deployment coming up in less than a month and i generally have free time then, so hopefully i'll get some more updates then. does anyone actually reference this anymore? i know it's somewhat old info, but i feel it's still relevant.

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
http://www.3si.org/forum/f8/nw3s-slayer-first-dyno-506162/

This was pm'd to me yesterday. It will be added to the next update. just a reminder, I don't have as much free time as I used to, so unless a dyno is added to this thread, then i probably won't see the new record breaking dyno and it won't get added. I will try my best in the coming weeks to get this updated again.

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Still waiting Ray's dynosheet, in the while those the more 'cleaner' pics I have :

(The glitch here was caused by a missfire)

Eric

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
What does Eric have that has him making almost 75hp more at 3k? His curve looks unbelievable, but its consistantly higher right up to peak. Is that just from the cam gears?

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Elevation! Sea level vs 3600ft! And my MBC wasn't able to hold the boost, so the boost was going 30psi and was falling down to 25-26psi. It explain why I was making more TQ. If my MBC was able to keep it, I would have made much more WHP.

Eric

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while. Thanks for posting those. Currently deployed, will get back to the states in a little over a week. Also have a lot of other things I'll be doing immediately when I get back (like getting my own stealth back together!) but this is one of the things I plan to do. I don't even have the excel file with me in order to update it here. Thanks for posting though!

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Ok, here's the deal guys. I really don't want to see this project die off. I know it has a lot of good info on here that have helped out many people, myself included. But, I just simply don't have time to maintain it anymore, let alone my own car. I'm not even on the forum very often anymore (says my last login was 21 May!) in order to keep up with who's doing what with their cars. So, I'm looking for a motivated, non-biased (in terms of shop/turbos/mods/etc) individual to hand this off to. I think this is how this project should go. When one person is unable to keep going with it, then it should be passed on to the next person. At any rate, I do have the info for a couple of people's dyno's that aren't on here yet. It would be good practice for whoever takes this up. And they can of course bounce it off of me to see if it all checks out. So, who's up for it? PM or message via email would be fine. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Such an awesome reference point. Have never seen nearly this much usable data crammed into one posts. Literally have never seen some of these types of charts before :)

·
TIRED OF WAITING
742 Posts
Resurrecting old thread since my car has been resurrected after being with IPS 2.5 years starting in feb 2013. Full weight 93 vr4 13g turbos, Alamo side mounts, 550 injectors at 90%, AEM EMS v2, 16lb boost.Tuned at Crucial Performance ended up with 360hp and 385ftlbs.

Attachments

·
TIRED OF WAITING
742 Posts
Resurrecting old thread since my car has been resurrected after being with IPS 2.5 years starting in feb 2013. Full weight 93 vr4 13g turbos, Alamo side mounts, 550 injectors at 90%, AEM EMS v2, 16lb boost.Tuned at Crucial Performance ended up with 360hp and 385ftlbs.
Cant edit for some reason. It has been discovered that the engine did not have a good seal at the heads, bolts were not tight. The crank was eating bearings since the block was not line honed and the clutch did explode about 100 miles later. Come to think of it so did a smic. Hope to have it running by summer with some better numbers on same 13g's but fmic and billet 75mm TB.

Clay

101 - 118 of 118 Posts