Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
I think something is up with the scale on the dyno charts... it's showing them revving to 12,000 RPM :)

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
what about n/a's?
sure why not. if enough info is posted i'll make a new chart for them. i don't feel comfortable putting it on the same chart as the turbo setups (half because it's a completely different setup and deserves it's seperate attention, and half because the charts are getting crowded as it is, lol).

I think something is up with the scale on the dyno charts... it's showing them revving to 12,000 RPM :)
yeah, thanks for pointing that out. i figured out what was wrong but i don't know why it did that. i started using the same file you sent me, and somehow the charts no longer used the correct X axis numbers. it's fixed in the file, i'll upload new, corrected, charts shortly.

Edit: Fixed

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
yeah, thanks for pointing that out. i figured out what was wrong but i don't know why it did that. i started using the same file you sent me, and somehow the charts no longer used the correct X axis numbers. it's fixed in the file, i'll upload new, corrected, charts shortly.

it did that to me from time to time, just something you have to watch out for.

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
updated:

added snakeskinner's record to the estimated whp chart.

i'm also going to start keeping track of where the info was originally found in the second post, when possible. any new info added to the chart will also have a link there.

·
www.cts-racing.com
3,208 Posts
33psi, 50trims, the graph "dip" is when I lifted the heads.

Attachments

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
cool. thanks for posting. i won't be able to update for a while though. i haven't really been online (not just 3si, but nearly the whole internet) since 7 nov. (last wed). i've been busy moving from oklahoma to florida. i'm staying in a hotel now. no internet except for two computers (that i think use dial-up) for just checking email, etc. they just got wireless in their lobby only, so i'm using that now. i'm using my laptop now, but all the files for this project are on my desktop, which is packed. i'm currently house-hunting. i don't expect to get the desktop out until i get moved into my new home, which will be two or three weeks from now probably. sorry guys. but please, continue to contribute! i'll update it all when i get the chance :)

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
cool beans. i haven't been on 3si for a couple days so i'm just starting to read your thread, but it, of course, still falls short of your race gas tune on the same turbos, but if i ever separate the charts into pump vs race that will definitely be included.

out of curiosity what were your timing numbers like? (unless it's included in your thread, i haven't made it past page two yet). what's the "trick" to getting that much power out of td04's, pump gas, and no additive (ex: meth), other than having every supporting mod, lol?

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Old setup on pump was 440awhp @ 18psi
Heads and Cams dude.

cool beans. i haven't been on 3si for a couple days so i'm just starting to read your thread, but it, of course, still falls short of your race gas tune on the same turbos, but if i ever separate the charts into pump vs race that will definitely be included.

out of curiosity what were your timing numbers like? (unless it's included in your thread, i haven't made it past page two yet). what's the "trick" to getting that much power out of td04's, pump gas, and no additive (ex: meth), other than having every supporting mod, lol?

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Old setup on pump was 440awhp @ 18psi
Heads and Cams dude.
that's cool, but currently the way the dyno charts are setup, it only shows the best entry for each turbo, regardless of fuel used.

and well, yeah. obviously heads and cams are practically a necessity. but there have been several heads/cams td04 cars in years past that haven't broken 500 awhp on race gas, let alone pump. i was more interested in any tuning "tweaks" that you knew of.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Just noticed T4's HP by Trap speed isn't on the chart.
159.23 MPH
2950 raceweight

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just noticed T4's HP by Trap speed isn't on the chart.
159.23 MPH
2950 raceweight
i think a while back we had a brief discussion about this. i couldn't find anywhere that you ever posted a measured weight for T4, all that was ever posted up was an estimated weight. so did you actually weigh it on a scale? or is this the estimated? if it's by scale i'll gladly update the charts.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
i think a while back we had a brief discussion about this. i couldn't find anywhere that you ever posted a measured weight for T4, all that was ever posted up was an estimated weight. so did you actually weigh it on a scale? or is this the estimated? if it's by scale i'll gladly update the charts.
yep, weighed at NG, both T2 and T4, they were almost dead even LOL

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
yep, weighed at NG, both T2 and T4, they were almost dead even LOL
this was ng07? why didn't you mention it in november when i asked then, lol. did you change anything on the car between ng07 and your 159 run in november (that would at least change the weight by more than a couple pounds)? sounds like it was weighed at 2950 at ng07, and then you guestimated 3050 in november. just help me understand what all went on there, and what changed and when it changed. i want to add you to the chart, but i don't want to accept guesstimated weights either.

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
ok, so this is something i've been meaning to do for a while with the 3sx car, but i haven't had the time to log on much lately. and with DR doing what he just did, it motivated me to do this.

so having just realized that the two fastest cars weren't on the "hp estimate" chart, i've decided to do a little something about it. it seems neither really has a 100% accurate weight for their car for the exact setup they ran, but each has a fairly close estimate. I won't add it to the chart, but i'll put the numbers here in this post.

3SX, 159.53, 3050 lbs (estimated in the original thread), the "estimated awhp" would be 913. i'm not sure if this is before or after their 995 awhp dyno. i tried to go back and look, but they were doing a lot of dyno's at the time with varying 9xx numbers, but the 995 is in Chris's sig. if someone wants to 100% clarify this info, i'll update this post.

DR, 166.79, 2920 lbs (maybe add a couple pounds, from original thread), the "estimated awhp" would be 1005. this was a couple weeks after his 955 awhp dyno.

so like i said, i won't add these to the chart on the front page because the weights are *somewhat* in question and it wouldn't be fair to those on the chart who did weigh them, but i felt that the numbers should be made known so that everyone can see how the cars compare when put to the same criteria, which is the point behind the chart in the first place.

·
www.cts-racing.com
3,208 Posts
[email protected], 3780 race weight.

What does that come out to be for estimated hp?

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
[email protected], 3780 race weight.

What does that come out to be for estimated hp?
is this a trap and weight that could be added to the chart? as in the car was weighed with the same setup that trap was run with? or is it an estimated weight or something else? is this your car? what setup?

at any rate, the number would be 701.

·
www.cts-racing.com
3,208 Posts
is this a trap and weight that could be added to the chart? as in the car was weighed with the same setup that trap was run with? or is it an estimated weight or something else? is this your car? what setup?

at any rate, the number would be 701.
That was my car. Trap/et were very close, I would say 2 days apart. Car might have been a bit heavier, but we are talking 2-3 gallons of gas max.

That was when I was making "620"

21 - 40 of 118 Posts