Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all

Well to start with I found out Thursday that the owner of the Roswell track was going to open it up today. The car was just sitting with the rear end apart waiting for the 300M Axles and Kaaz LSD to show up. Thy never showed, but with another chance to run this yr I could not miss so we slapped it back together with the stock stuff Friday and got ready to go.

Day racing kind of sucks here in NM because the sun makes things very hot, but I made the best of it.

I got in a total of 9 runs thy are as follows

1st pass, shake down run 0 miles on tranny, granny shifting. 21psi of boost

60ft 1.37
1/8 mile ET 6.127
1/8 mile MPH 118.66
1/4 mile ET 9.376
1/4 mile MPH 152.08

Boy that felt good:)

2nd 21psi of boost, shifted it faster, and moved the shift points around a bit (but it spun tire alot more)
60ft 1.46
1/8 mile ET 6.061
1/8 mile MPH 120.68
1/4 mile ET 9.27
1/4 mile MPH 153.00

3rd pass same everything I think
60ft 1.40
1/8 mile ET 6.071
1/8 mile MPH 120.59
1/4 mile ET 9.282
1/4 mile MPH 152.99

4th pass let 2 psi out of the tires, 21 psi of boost, changed the 3 to 4 shift point, richened the ARC-2 high up 1 click
60ft 1.38
1/8 mile ET 5.989
1/8 mile MPH 121.51
1/4 mile ET 9.184
1/4 mile MPH 152.60

5th pass still 21psi, changed the settings on the Tien shocks
60ft 1.36
1/8 mile ET 5.928
1/8 mile MPH 121.58
1/4 mile ET 9.121
1/4 mile MPH 153.52

6th pass
changed Tien settings again, let 2 psi out of the tires..... I missed 2nd gear twice, but when I finally got it in I went ahead and finished the pass.
60ft 1.35
1/8 mile ET 6.812
1/8 mile MPH 107.39
1/4 mile ET 10.245
1/4 mile MPH 145.12mph

DAM it, this was my best 60ft of the day!!

7th pass (time 4:37pm on the slip)
Ok I think I got the car set up as well as I am going to on 1 track visit, time to crank the boost... 24psi
60ft 1.40
1/8 mile ET 5.919
1/8 mile MPH 123.28
1/4 mile ET 9.076
1/4 mile MPH 155.68mph

DANG so close!!! But this pass VS the last pass at 21psi my A/f went from [email protected] to 13.1 to 1 @24psi at the end of the track! yikes! still 0 knock on the scan master, but even with out Knock you can still melt a piston from being lean.

As I pulled up to get my time slip thy told me thy were closing and if I wanted to run again I needed to pull right back up.

Pass #8 (time 4:44pm on the slip)
Same boost clicked the ARC-2 up 1 click on the high
60ft 1.42
1/8 mile ET 5.955
1/8 mile MPH 123.27mph
1/4 mile ET 9.097
1/4 mile MPH 156.92

A/F only went down to 13.0 to 1 at the big end. That’s not good, this tells me the injectors are finished. I cant add any more boost or it will just go leaner.

Pass # 9 (4:56pm on the slip) Thy tell me this is it, we are closed after your next pass.
Let 2 more PSI out of the tires, To this point I still had not "NO LIFT" power shifted the car yet today, I have been letting off slightly and just shifting very fast. I'm afraid of braking it and ending my day. Well the day is over after this pass so what the hell. I'm going to power shift it.

60ft 1.42
1/8 mile ET 5.932
1/8 mile MPH 123.96
1/4 mile ET 9.056
1/4 mile MPH 157.90mph

DAM IT!!! I tried to pay the track owner $200 bucks to stay open 1 more hr but he turned me down, but he did tell me that if the weather stays nice he will open again this month.

lolol o well. I had a grate time. Car still runs and drives grate.

The Motor is a stroked 6g72 with 92mm Bore and 88.9mm stroke making the motor 3.54L
DBB DR-1200’s
ARC-2 with 92mm MAS
TurboBob over clocked stock ECU
720cc injectors with fuel pressure cranked
DR Intake Manifold with 90mm TB
DR stage 3 heads
DR street cams
Stock head bolts
Stock head gaskets
RPS carbon/carbon
And it's all throttle, and NO Bottle!

Now for all you guys that say "you should have given it more boost and run 8's, well it's not your $10,000 short block at risk. Not to mention with the A/F so lean it was already to the point were it was really too lean to make good power, adding more boost and making it go leaner does not mean it would have made any more power if it started miss firing from being too lean. There was nothing left in the injectors. I just new that if I could get the 1.3X 60 ft's back I would be in the 8's. I just could not get a 1.3X with the boost up at 24psi, it was really smoking the tires out of the hole.

Remember all the people that told me I would never run 10's with the ARC-2 piggy back? lolol

The Track owner came over to me and told me "you need to bracket race this car, there are guys with Auto's, throttle stops, electronicks that would KILL for a car this concestent in a car THIS fast, and your doing it with a stick shift"

The car does not even have a 2 step, just rev and go:)

The Roswell Track is at a real 3600ft elevation, the Density Altitude was right around 5000ft all day, getting up to about 5500 I think at around 3 pm. So the corrected times would be… well A LOT FASTER!

Also YES there are Vids, the owner of the Racing South West board got them all on tape and is going to put them up on his site.

edit: Vid!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOetWUV9Ow8

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Re: Dynamic Racing NEW 1/4 mile ET & Trap world recoard

Wow, just wow. I can't believe you did that on 720s and an Arc-2. Thats just insane, congrats man.

·
Super Moderator
3,199 Posts

Good job Matt. It never fails to amaze me the things you do with these cars. Keep up the good work. :)

·
-
6,786 Posts

un-freaking-believable !

·
Registered
17,522 Posts

Hell yeah, Matt! Man, that was a fun story to read :)

You're such a diehard racer. Fighting for every hundredth. Imagine if you had an AEM EMS or even an E-manage on that thing? I bet she could use a couple degrees of timing given your ultra high IDC's :)

I don't expect you to share what your tire pressures or suspension settings were, but if you feel the adjustments you made were obvious enough, I wouldn't mind hearing about them ;)

Congrats man! I can't imagine what it's like to run that many damn near 8 second passes in 1 night and not break ANYTHING...!!!!

·
Black Ops IT
5,159 Posts

AWESOME!!!! I was on the edge of my seat just reading it... It must feel good to be going so fast with so little!

·
Verified Asian
5,802 Posts

Hooooly shit. Congrats Matt, those are ridiculous times. Thanks for sticking with this platform :)

·
Retired
12,235 Posts

Very impressive day at the track. Congrats on the new records!

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You're such a diehard racer. Fighting for everything hundredth. Imagine if you had an AEM EMS or even an E-manage on that thing? I bet she could use a couple degrees of timing given your ultra high IDC's :)

Ya tell me about it:) But I set out to run 8's on a ARC-2, and I'm going to do it before I change it out.

It makes me giggle to think of all the people that told me WAY back that I would not run 10's with it, then told me I would not run 9's with it, then told me I would never run 8's with it.... lol Best way to get me to do something it tell me I cant do it, or it cant be dun. You know like the people that told me I would never amount to anything because I was dyslexic, could not spell, and dropped out of school when I was 15 to work full time and moved out on my own.:) hehe

My favorite saying is "those who say it cant be dun are usually interrupted by those who are doing it"

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

OMG, I'm subscribed for future results!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts

Absolutely amazing! Congratulations!

I thought I remember reading that you were throwing a AEM EMS and bigger injectors on it this winter? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm typing this on my Palm Centro at the bar.........

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Absolutely amazing! Congratulations!

I thought I remember reading that you were throwing a AEM EMS and bigger injectors on it this winter? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm typing this on my Palm Centro at the bar.........

I was thinking about it if the tracks were going to be closed all winter. But it looks like I still may have 1 more chance.

·
The dark shall be with us
7,330 Posts

i knew you would max those injectors before hitting 8s, but i never thought you would get that close to 8s.:D well are you going to put boost cooler on so you can feed the engine better?

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

i knew you would max those injectors before hitting 8s, but i never thought you would get that close to 8s.:D well are you going to put boost cooler on so you can feed the engine better?
I still think it can hit 8's with the 720's. I think It would have done it tonight if I got to make a few more passes and played with launch RPM at 24psi of boost. I just needed more time, it was getting faster. I still need to play with Shift RPM ect. Those 3 passes at 24psi 9.07, 9.09, 9.05 are the 3 ONLY passes at 24psi with this set-up. Think about that for a few seconds.... :)

·
Excitable at high speeds
743 Posts

Unbelievable. I'll race ya with my untuned 16g car! I'll even do it for pinks if you give me a 10 second lead... :)

·
Registered
665 Posts

Congrads, that is a crazy time. Not to mention a 5 second 1/8th is just plain ridiculous :eek:

·
Lifter Tick 4lyfe
430 Posts

I want to be on the first page of this thread

1 - 20 of 322 Posts