Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whoooosh
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Blitz DSBC a few weeks ago and I turned it up to 14.5 psi and the car ran great. Then after about a week my car stopped boosting all together and I thought my turbos were toast, but they weren't. I turned down the boost controller so I could still drive around without any boost.

I pressure tested the system last week and found two large leaks in the intercooler piping, so I fixed those. I also found melted plastic lines to my boost gauge and controller, so I replaced them with rubber vacuum line. Now the system holds pressure fine and all my gauges work. I can pressure test the system to 18 psi and get no leaks. I cannot seem to get more than 2psi out of the system when I drive however.

I have the DSBC turned up to Gain 8/Ratio 45, with the limiter at 1.05bar, but I can't get anything over 2psi on my autometer and .55bar on the DSBC built in gauge. Is it possible my solenoid box went bad and if so how could I check it? Also, what else could it be that I am missing? I have the in-port on the solenoid box connected to the Y-pipe, and the out-port connected to the old line that came off the Y-pipe which goes to the F-connector. Could my wastegate not be operating properly or something?

Also, my autometer boost gauge reads slightly lower (like 2 or 3 psi) than my DSBC built in gauge even though they are connected to the same place?
I could use some help.
Thanks a lot.
Tim

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
why did you need to turn down the DSBC to run with low boost if you weren't getting any boost?

.55 bar is about 8 psi which is minimum possible

I'd check all the connections again, and your settings, and also check the autometer line for leaks

·
Whoooosh
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I turned down the DSBC because I did not want the car trying to boost if there was a problem. I just did not want to stress the system if something was wrong.
I've already checked all the connections and I can't find anything out of the ordinary. The vacuum lines are all connected like the diagram on the hood says. I will check them again though.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
hrmm..

A boost controller will only allow you to boost higher than the diaphram pressure required to move the wastegate actuators. That means that there should be no way to make your car make less boost than the native boost of the actuator (in our cars, 6-7psi).

If you are making 2psi, or worse, 0psi you have a bigger problem than a screwy EBC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When the boost dropped and you thought your turbos were gone, did you SEE the boost drop or did you FEEL it. If it was only a seen difference in boost, than it is probably just your boost gauge. If you felt it...well have checked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.