Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i drive between 20-100 mph i get a noise like the window is slightly down but it is near the drivers side mirror section. i havent pinpointed where yet and would like to know if someone else ran into this or any ideas to fix.

thanks
jason

92 stealth es stock

·
Registered
104 Posts
hope this helps

I used clear silicon put it under the two plastic caps right on the corner towards the front of the window 1 inside and 1 outside. I Used some duct tape (or anything handy and use the tape) as a clamp. dont worry about over filling if it smears out just let it dry (wait till the nex day, Then remove the tape)and then with an exacto knife clean it off. It fixed my problem. I did it on both sides.

Later,
Robert

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Yes...that is a major design flaw in these cars...when you are driving at around 100mph...those damn things separate almost 1/2 inch from the window...that SUCKS!. Hey Dofanrob (we gonna kick some Seahawk ass today!) did you use black silicone or clear? I've been thinking about trying that but didn't know how much of a PITA it would be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well its halftime

And Jay Fielder Sucks!!!!!!!!! I used clear but I guess black would work. But it took care of the problem, I get no noise. Not a real PITA Just try to be neat AND WAIT OVERNIGHT TO START CLEANING OFF THE EXCESS

LATER
RObert

go phins I hope!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts