Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know about you all but when i jump into my baby(especially by myself) i love to crank the tunes up loud; there is nothing like crusin' to your favorite music. so i just went out and purchased Metallica 'S&M' cd(if that's your flavor)-seems like kick a** driving music! thought i'd share.
kcalvano92vr4

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
This is not retaliation for my light post but, I will not buy anything of Metallica past the Black album. They have changed to much. I don't like this new style that is on the radio today. Maybe i need to blow the dust off of the guitar and start writing again?

G

·
Completely Agree with the not getting anything past the Black album. Metallica has turned into Alternica. The one thing i don't get with them either, is that if you see them live, or live on TV, they can still play their good old songs really kick ass, but their new ones are just aweful. Remember the song about two years ago, I think it was off Load or Reload, where they had that old lady try and sing with them? She'd go, "NAA NA NA NAA NAAAA"

ACK!!! What where they thinking!

G

·
<font color=#904000>I'm right there with you guys. It's ass.

You know what felt good driving to the other night? Crosby Stills & Nash's "Wooden Ships". It's just really easy to slap it in 6th and cruise down the road to that song.

G

·
YES! YES! YES! It's about time somebody said something about Metallica's SUCKEE new style. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! MAN, how can a band SO bad-ass then suck SO bad now?!! It's disgusting. Real disgusting. Yeah, and that stupid song with Marianne Faithfull. WTF?!!!!!! SELLOUTS!!! I think they're just trying to come out with a bunch of radio songs($$$) before they break up. Maybe they should. Wouldn't bother me now. Didn't mean to offend anyone, just my opinion.

G

·
Ok, here's a thought ...

Maybe aliens came down, nabbed our beloved Metallica, and replaced them with looka-like wannabe clones ....that suck....real bad ....hmmm....

Should we start a "Bring Back the Real Metallica" petition or something?? Whatcha think??

·
Registered
500 Posts
Whats the name of single that they are playing on the radio? I looked up that S&M cd now, and its got lots of the old ones on it. That would probably sound pretty damn good. I just heard a new song on the radio that didnt sound too bad. It might be worth downloading the mp3...

G

·
I forgot what the new one is called, but have you heard "One" on the S&M album? It's a total mess. You don't know where the hell they are on the song while they're playing it. It sounds like they don't either. They're like New Coke. Bring back the original formula! I went to their concert a couple of years ago. The best concert show I've ever been to. It's the one where they filmed their concert movie, in Ft. Worth, TX(forgot what it's called).

·
Registered
196 Posts
S&M is an incredible album. Sure, some of the orchestra stuff doesn't work, but for the most part I love it. I think their new song, No Leaf Clover, is amazing...I've practically melted a hole through the cd listening to that tune. Alot of the older Metallica fans may not like the newer stuff, but I love it! I'm a musician myself, and I totally appreciate what goes into some of these songs. They may not be as fast as they used to, but their orcestration is unmatched. Compare Metallica's talent to some of the crap on the radio today...it makes me sick sometimes, the bands that are out there now. As far as the sellout issue is concerned, people have been saying that sh!t since their second album when they recorded a ballad (Fade to Black), give it a rest!
Just my thoughts,
-Scott

·
Registered
500 Posts
I picked up the S&M alblum after listening to a few of the mp3s. Its pretty damn good. One does sound really bad once it gets to the heavy chugga chugga part, but other than it sounds good. I just got home and im only on Master of Puppets (3rd song out of 21). I like what ive heard so far.

G

·
Metallica kicks ass now as they did in the past. I think it is crap to say that they suck now. How can one really enjoy Metallica and say that? S&M rocks, Load rocks, and so does Reload, and so does all of their other albums.

G

·
i know this will probably not put me in the best light with you guys and you will probably lose all respect for me and banish me to another message board but i just cannot get eminem off my deck. he's just so foul and aggresive and therefore matches my driving style.

i use counting crows to balnce things out

G

·
I think that on S&M they did a really good job of Hero of the Day. But where is Unforgiven?! I thought for sure that one was going to be on there. Oh well, still got a wide variety to choose from. got Ride the Lightning in the CD player now.

G

·
Don't get too offended now. Fade to Black and the other ballads are my favorite Metallica songs. Especially Welcome Home(Sanitarium). It doesn't have to be too heavy, just sound good. They seemed to very easily make all the right music back then. Everything they wrote was good. Yeah violins sounded good-----in all their older stuff. I just think their new stuff sounds too regular and some ridiculous. Even Lars doesn't do much at all anymore. I remember going to a Black Sabbath concert a couple of years ago and Pantera opened for them. Pantera was telling the audience that they weren't "sellouts" like some people(meaning Metallica). Everyone laughed and cheered. Just stuck in my head cause it was so funny. I don't listen to anything past the black album. Waste of time and money for me. But they still got my respect. Just don't dig a bit of their new stuff. And I listen to everything from oldies to Pantera. Later.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Mr Grimm i have something to add, Pantera also felt that White Zombie was on the road to sell-outism (in '93). I don't feel Zombie made it as far as Metallica though.

I think Metallica has just changed styles, everyone does it, it's not wrong. Metallica should have just played under another name like the Meaty Cheezy Boys. Must be the water in Seattle that brings out that kind of music.

Ahroun speaking of Cosby, Stills, & Nash: Did you hear that David Crosby is the Father of Melissa Etheridge's two kids?

[This message has been edited by Space Coyote (edited January 11, 2000).]

G

·
<font color=#003080>Meaty in your seaty boys? Wha?

I hate to cry "Sell out". I mean, what if the band is doing what it wants and subsequently is gaining radio play? Ol' Bob Segar covers is in, now, isn't it? Ain't that what other bands in Metallica's new genre (like Third Eye Blind and Matchbox 20) doing that?

I kind of prefer Pantara back when Phil actually SANG. Like on Coyboys From Hell. He had an awesome, powerful voice. Though I've purchased every CD of theirs up to Far Beyond Driven, I couldn't deal with the attitude. I'm just not that angry.

Ya know what? I like older Kool & The Gang. Before they got all cheesy in the 80's. Cruising to funk is fun.

G

·
Meaty Cheesy Boys. That's funny. Mc D's was it? You should hear the new Pantera CD featuring the Arlington Bagpipe Orchestra with a special appearance by Yanni. Oh, and they were saying on MTV News that Metallica is teaming up with The Backstreet Boys, Banana Splits, and the Burger King DJ on their next album. It's gonna be called "We Are The World". Can't wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.