Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cars engine and harness have been removed so i have no power to the seat from the car

ive got my hand under the seat from the back, and can access the bolt closer to the center console with a flat wrench, but none of the rest

ive unclipped 2 of the connectors under the seat, one going to the rear lumbar and a smaller 4 pin connector which im assuming is for the forward rear movement. im also assuming i can attach test leads to the proper wire and adjust the seat right off a battery....

can someone confirm this or have a wiring diagram of the connectors under the seat?

· Obsessive Carpolsive
2,459 Posts
Be careful apply too much power might turn into an ejection seat! haha jp yes, but running right off the battery for too long could heat up the wires (someone with more experience will need to confirm all has to do with the amperage it is pulling)

Learn to read a wiring diagram... this should help some

Then find the wiring diagram here

http://www.3sx.com/faq/manuals/Service-Manual-3000GT-1992-1996-Volume-2.pdf

Reactions: HouseSpecialGTO

· Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just following up on the solution

i got a flat wrench in to get the bolt and nut off the right side of the driver seat. tilted it up to access the underlying wiring. connector 5 slides the seat back and forth. simply apply 12v to yellow-red and yellow-white wires. switch them to get the seat to go the other way. this allowed access to the much tighter left side nut and bolt.

the driver seat is heavy!!!

Reactions: tachyon_ftl

· Registered
5 Posts
my cars engine and harness have been removed so i have no power to the seat from the car

ive got my hand under the seat from the back, and can access the bolt closer to the center console with a flat wrench, but none of the rest

ive unclipped 2 of the connectors under the seat, one going to the rear lumbar and a smaller 4 pin connector which im assuming is for the forward rear movement. im also assuming i can attach test leads to the proper wire and adjust the seat right off a battery....

can someone confirm this or have a wiring diagram of the connectors under the seat?
I had my engine removed but the wiring harness intact/installed still. I simply just reinstalled the battey tray/stand and battery and hooked it back up. The seat then moved without any issues. CAUTION ……DO NOT PUT THE KEY IN THE IGNITION! My guess is the fuel pump will try to prime the fuel lines squirting fuel everywhere bc the engine is gone lol. I luckily thought of this so I can’t confirm if this will or not happen but the car was just peachy with the battery hooked back up. Hope this helps people in 2022 lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts