Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my dyno results in, I was suprised at how much the tuner had to lean out my car. I'm running -36 from about 4.5K up till redline.

Anyways here's my results running 1.00bar

Peak HP 350.1 @ 6100rpm
Peak TQ 362.3 @ 4800rpm

Not bad I guess for about 15psi, next time I go to the dyno I'll have a new clutch and we'll put in some race gas and crank up the boost some more.

When I first came in the door the car dyno'd 297hp, it's amazing how much you pick up with better tuning.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Looks very similar to my 13G performance!! How come you're not running 17psi though?

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Can you post your dyno sheet so we can compare? I'd love to see how your torque curve looks. It seems we both have the same problem, no high end torque to really push the HP past 6000. I think cams are in order:)

Also (EDIT) You should submit your dyno info to Turbo Turd so he can put it on his site:)

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
cool. good #'s. I would also like to see the curves. What can those turbos hold to redline?

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
Looks very similar to my 15G performance too! I see a pattern developing here... I think until you get rid of the restrictive stock mas, the size of the turbo doesn't matter as significantly as people think. Maybe all the dyno charts side by side will prove that theory wrong though. I'll post my dyno sheet when I get home and we can compare them all and see how they differ.

any thoughts??

Turbo tension, are you also using an s-afc with the stock mas?

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Ported heads would also help free up some of the HP

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
shofear said:
Well I got my dyno results in, I was suprised at how much the tuner had to lean out my car. I'm running -36 from about 4.5K up till redline.

Anyways here's my results running 1.00bar

Peak HP 350.1 @ 6100rpm
Peak TQ 362.3 @ 4800rpm

Not bad I guess for about 15psi, next time I go to the dyno I'll have a new clutch and we'll put in some race gas and crank up the boost some more.

When I first came in the door the car dyno'd 297hp, it's amazing how much you pick up with better tuning.

that’s not bad with the stock MAS, those #'s put you right around 500crank HP, that seems to be the limit of the stock mas...

and thats what I call a short list of mods for those power #'s at 14.22psi, sounds grate:)

K&N FIPK
HKS EVC IV @ 1.00
DR 500's
Borla cat-back
Stillen DP
Supra pump
S-AFR
RC 550 injectors

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't running higher boost because I didn't think the stock clutch would hold much more power, so I decided to tune for 15psi.

Unfortunatly I don't have a working scanner right now otherwise I'd post the dyno sheet up.

Also I noticed they didn't touch my AFR settings below 3.5K, guess that part of the curve isn't as important??

Also I have a dip in the Air/Fuel to 10.7 or so around 5.7K, then it jumps back up to 11.2 at the 6.1K mark. The tuner said it's not a big deal. Looking at my AFR I see I have a gap in the adjustments 5.2K-5.9K, probably the cause.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
I smell a write up for Jeff Lucius' pages of info, maybe for comparative purposes.

I am using an SAFC and stock MAS

I think the loss im power is due to my lack of boost up high (damn MBC let boost off to 13.5PSI at max horsepower) and the fact that torque seriously drops off disgustingly. I'd say the MAS is ok for me for now, but I'd like to see what cams can do to help remedy this.

Shofear, how does this compare to what you have?

EDIT: Mods

K&N cone
S-AFC
450cc injectors
Denso 255lph fuel pump
13Gs
Turbo XS bleeder valve
ATR downpipe, no cats
Borla catback

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
hmmm....

with all that talk about the limit of the MAS lately, scratch one good example to the 500hp limit team......that's interesting stuff guys, good work and thanks for the info

·
Registered
192 Posts
those are beautiful numbers for 15psi. keep up the good work, you should be able to squeeze another 40 ponies at 18psi

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
My relevant mods:

15G turbos - 550s - S-AFC - ATR dp - Borla - DSBC - Type S BOV - stock clutch

Here is 14psi

Here is 16psi

My 14psi graph looks VERY similar to yours Turbo Tension. Even that little camel hump in the TQ at ~4700 rpms. So with the stock MAS, looks like bigger injectors make no difference and similar turbos are a marginal difference too. I daily drive at 16psi, so I wonder how your 16psi graph would compare.

Jason

·
Native
3,894 Posts
FLYERS!!!!

WTF is this, I have the EXACT same problem in my torque curve AND it's almost IDENTICAL in RPM to me. I dunno about you but I thought my problem was that I needed an Electronic boost controller.

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
Looks like it can't be the ebc then..

Doesn't torque always drop off like that? Maybe it shouldn't be as drastic as ours, but I thought it does usually drop off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Re: Re: DR500s Dyno #'s

SnakeSkinner said:

that’s not bad with the stock MAS, those #'s put you right around 500crank HP, that seems to be the limit of the stock mas...

and thats what I call a short list of mods for those power #'s at 14.22psi, sounds grate:)

K&N FIPK
HKS EVC IV @ 1.00
DR 500's
Borla cat-back
Stillen DP
Supra pump
S-AFR
RC 550 injectors

If he had an ARC II, an upgraded SMIC setup, and a strong clutch,...where do you think his hp/torque #s would be? Kinda curious, because that will be my sig will look like when I can find the time to install all my mods.

BLUTO

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Turbo Tension, and flyer my curve looks very similar.....

Take a look at the 2 peaks in TQ in yours, I hit one around 4.1K then another at 4.8K, very similar but with less torque. Then a massive drop after the peak falling to about 260 TQ by 6800rpms

I also hit about 335hp at 5.1K, climbs to the 350max by 6.1K, then drops to about 330hp by 6800rpms.

Very close #'s guys. Wish I had a scanner but we all have nearly identical graphs.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Maybe one of you should try out the 300 dollar ls1 maf and see if it really does help?

·
Dont be scared little LT1
339 Posts
Re: Re: DR500s Dyno #'s

SnakeSkinner said:

With all due respect, I don't see how he would have around 150hp loss from the drivetrain. Is it really that bad?!?! If so, shit......

Joe

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've heard stock VR4's dyno 220-230 to the wheels.....and as mods are added, the loss of hp also increases. I think the general idea is that you lose 20-25% through the AWD drivetrain.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts