Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
3S Obsessed
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has a Dyno Sheet using the DR500's with "good" A/F tune? Would be interested in a few posts to see what they look like over the RPM range (and of course info on the other mods in place). Looking at turbo's of this sizing for track purposes. Goal: Maintain (or improve) low end but develop solid midrange.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
6,398 Posts
I don't have DR500's but I do have clipped 13G's maybe it will give you a basic idea what DR500 sized turbos can do.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
I found this interesting (Graphs courtesy of POWERTRIP [Chris]). I know I talked your ear off at the last Dyno meet, but I'm convinced that my last set up would have really kicked ass on a road course... Oh, if only I could afford to spend that much on racing... Maybe in a few years :)

For reference, I only trapped 120.4 mph with the above tune. I fixed a boost leak and fine tuned a bit more and got 127.3 mph. Not an insignificant jump in power by any mean. So rest assured, peak power isn't an issue... But just check out the low-end / mid-range. Just TRY and tell me you don't like that! :)

And for the record, I love your car.

·
3/S Addict
1,561 Posts
how was that dyno sheet put together adam? Was that all the same car, with same mods, just different turbo setups? Because the mods on each car surronding the turbo setup could affect the hp curve and peak (but I know you now that, I'm just curious)

I want to track down an AWD dyno around here, and see what she can do on race gas....

·
3S Obsessed
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FastOldGuy said:
I don't have DR500's but I do have clipped 13G's maybe it will give you a basic idea what DR500 sized turbos can do.
Now THAT is a picture of perfection - excellent and superior low end torque plus progressive smooth and strong beyond mid range. I need you to take me for a ride one of these days.

Do you recall your boost that day?
Mine was stock peaking 12PSI 5K then rapidly fizzling to ~8psi or so

From the Dyno sheets

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,398 Posts
HydeDW said:
Now THAT is a picture of perfection - excellent and superior low end torque plus progressive smooth and strong beyond mid range. I need you to take me for a ride one of these days.

Do you recall your boost that day?
Mine was stock peaking 12PSI 5K then rapidly fizzling to ~8psi or so

From the Dyno sheets
20 PSI

You going to Pappa's for lunch with the DSM and 3si guys today?

·
3S Obsessed
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
FastOldGuy said:
20 PSI

No - have other things that need doing today. As much as I'd like..can't go out to play

Updated Picwith 20PSI info:

Attachments

·
3S Obsessed
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AdamVR4 said:
I found this interesting (Graphs courtesy of POWERTRIP [Chris]).

[SNIP]

[SNIP]
... But just check out the low-end / mid-range. Just TRY and tell me you don't like that! :)

And for the record, I love your car.
Thanks for the comp and info. The darn colors on my screen are hard to differenciate - is the highest HP at 3K your line? That indeed is very strong! Yep, I like that. Below is aproximated tabular from the visual? Torque numbers would be interesting.

Adam
[email protected] AWHP
2500 100
3000 190
3500 285
4000 360
4500 430
5000 465
5500 490
6000 485

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Here's the dyno. Sorry about the quality. Again, major boost leak during this pull. Fixing just the one boost leak gave me a 2 mph increase in power in the 1/4 mile (with NO other changes). Boost leaks also increase lag, so.... Yeah. :)

·
?Mark
16,578 Posts
FastOldGuy said:
20 PSI

Lunch waz gooood!! :cool:

·
Registered
792 Posts
mmmm that dyno sheet of the clipped 13g's gives me so much confidence for this year. ill be running clipped 13gs with 450cc's and a supra pump, among a lot of other little mods. ive been hoping for 400awhp for such a long time. it would make my year if i could meet that goal.

·
Premium Member
6,398 Posts
The 13G dyno was on heat soaked I/Cs it was like the 6th or 7th pull because we had a few issues that had to be resolved before we got a good run. I feel confident we could have done a little better but I was a giddy as a school girl with those numbers. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,398 Posts
Stock mas my AEM was not in the car. 550's hot wired walbro pump..C116 race gas. The night before the dyno with C116 gaz and 15 psi and a a rougher tune it ran 8.0 sec 1/8th with a crappy 1.95 60ft. I feel sure it will run in the 11.s but I'm waiting for slickwheel's cast iron T/C case before I try hard for 11.s

1 - 15 of 15 Posts