Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well I ordered some IK27 plugs (now 24), and hotwire coil kit, and if I will have spark blowout at 20-23psi than I will go with DLI....

What about actuators guys, I know almost everybody change them to Forge or Kinugawa, but is it must to change them for 20-23psi or not?

·
Registered
293 Posts
You should read some build threads dating back 5-8 years. You'll see that a lot of these questions have been covered in them by trial and error of other 3S owners.

Stock wastegate actuators are fine up to at least 25 psi if you upgrade to better boost solenoid such as the Tactrix one.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Believe me, that I read all the time about dr750 builds, just sometimes I am not clear so I ask here (again).

Never hear od Tatrix boost solenoid, but I have Blitz SBC ID boost controller, with their blitz solenoid. Or we are talking something different?

From reading dr 750 build, I am also worried about pressure pulsing... I have big side mounts and hard pipes, and have little pressure pulsing now with 15g, so with dr750 I guess I will become even more ...

Do you have pressure pulllsing while driving your car?

·
No longer in KY
2,352 Posts
750's are one of the most notorious turbos for compressor surge (pulsing). There are a few band aid techniques used to reduce/minimize the surge. Snakeskinner liked adjusting cam timing. Ray P used a balance tube. Some guys use a weak bov spring to effectively hang the BOV open at light engine loads. Some say oohnoo side mounts corrected it. I put some air bypass solenoids on my car to help. In the end, how you choose to combat the issue is up to you. You will likely have the issue though. Some cars it's more pronounced and others it's tolerable to deal with by simply adjusting driving technique.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I guess I wlll first try as it is, if wont be drivable I will try Snakeskinner and adjust cam timing. Next thing I will mount back stock turbo bubble pipe and then also play with BOV.
If this wont help then I will need your help with air bypass solenoid :)

What about If I put back high flow catalic converter, would that change anything (like backpressure)??

I just hope, I will like them more than 15g.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I have surge (pressure puls) on 15g, but car is normaly drivable and I dont feel it, you just hear chu chu chu on highway when road go little up, and boost is around 0-3psi...

I dont know which big side mount I have, but I bought it 15 years ago from 3sx.... anyone know what they were selling that time ? I know It was complete kit with dnp pipe...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I finally resolve my 3-6 ignition problem, so now I have to resolve my next problem before I install dr750.
I found that I had drop in fuel pressure, from 40 to 20psi.....so I change for new FPR (not adjustable). Now what I see is when car is cold pressure is round 40psi, and after car is warmed up, pressure drops to 35-37psi. Is that normal or not. (supra pump + hotwire) ?

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's most likely not the fuel pressure changing but rather the fluid and air inside the fuel pressure gauge expanding. Check if your gauge has a small rubber plug you can pull out to relive the pressure inside in the gauge. I have to do that on my gauge to get a correct reading.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yes, I have black rubber plug in my gauge. And It has bubble inside, and you can see that oil expand, as air bubble is smaller when car is hot...

61 - 73 of 73 Posts