Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

well I finally bought dream turbos DR 750 from Dynamic Racing. Happy as kid. :)

Now my set up:
new short block
15g
550cc
full exhaust
clutch street max
alu flywheel
supra pump+hotwire
SAFC2
wideband
scanmaster 3
etc...
well I made 414awhp (18psi), pump gas

But I finally made a decision and bought DR750,

So my new setup will be:

DR750
550cc
supra+hotwire
SAFC2 (fine tunng)
ARC2 92mm (main tuning)
SITC (timing ignition)
alcohol water injection
Stock short block

SO I need some help here.

1. First of all, what max psi I can go (safe) with dr 750 on stock short block, stock heads?
Only pump I guess 16-18psi, but with A/W inj ...?

2. I already asked but I can not decide which A/W inj should I go and which nozzle to use?

3. What I read I will need in the future 660 injectors for best performance on this setup. Is this correct?

4. If I make a decision in the near future, and change my pistons and rods for let say Wiseco... can I just swap them, or I need to bore my block?. Can I buy just stock compression and size pistons or not? My shrt block had max 6000 miles, and I really dont want to bore my block.

I would appreciate any info from dr750 owners or similar set ups.

Regards
Jaka

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was around 3 weeks, not sure , because I dont heve my turbos here yet (Europe), but my friend have them in USA, so I have to wait that she bring them here, when she come to Slovenia.

Bump for my questions

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
16/18 psi on stock block is fine and only around 400whp. you can do that with 440/550 or 660 injectors. for the Water meth 550/660cc injectors. you will have to spray a ton of meth to max out the 660 injectors and hit 600whp. 550cc injectors will get you over 500whp and stay safe of stock block

I run stock block 550whp and is living good 3yrs now 26psi DR750s E85 1000cc injectors.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the future, my plan is to change injectors too, just not now at the moment.

I am more worried about stock long block and 500-550awhp (that would be my wish for now) on pump and meth. Here we dont have E85.

SO is there possibillity to change OEM pistons for Wiseco or Ross pistons without bore the block? Same diameter just different material?. Or are all aftermarket pistons bigger than OEM size (standard)?

And thanks for reply guys

17,337 Posts
Forged pistons run a little bigger piston to wall clearance so will probably need at least a hone.

·
One fix at a time
7,788 Posts
500AWHP will be safe on a stock lower end with a good tune. 550AWHP and the tune has to be spot on. Any pre-ignition or significant detonation and the pistons break. I did 600-630AWHP for a few years on a stock bottom end without any issues but I was running E-85 and also watched my tune and monitored my ecu constantly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm running DR750 turbos on a 170000km stock eurospec block with Bosch 870cc injectors and water/meth injection. At 25 psi of boost my injector duty cycle is 78% which equals about 678 cc so you'll most likely need bigger injectors.

The DR750 turbos really spool quickly and to keep your stock bottom end happy you will need to limit the boost at low RPM's. I run ECU controlled boost using Chrome and I ramp my boost based on RPM and load so that I don't hit full boost until 5k.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
500AWHP will be safe on a stock lower end with a good tune. 550AWHP and the tune has to be spot on. Any pre-ignition or significant detonation and the pistons break. I did 600-630AWHP for a few years on a stock bottom end without any issues but I was running E-85 and also watched my tune and monitored my ecu constantly.
Thanks for that info.

My goal is 500-530awhp on pump+meth. I still can not believe that this turbos can go up to 600awhp on pump +meth....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forged pistons run a little bigger piston to wall clearance so will probably need at least a hone.
Thanks for good info, which is not good for me, lool.

I thought I could just swap pistons and rods for Forged, without pulling engine out. I had it once out, but really dont want to do everything again.....I hope there will be solution in the near future for case like this.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What’s the point get dr750 on stock block and 550cc? My dr16t on 680cc on stock block took my piston on 17psi on pump 93 no meth
Well point is, that I bought best TD04 turbo, and have possibility to have cca 600awhp in the future.

550cc ....well I have them now, and when I will have oportunity to sell them, then I will go for 680 or 720cc....until then I will drive my car with 550cc.

I hope it will be little better with added meth 50/50.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm running DR750 turbos on a 170000km stock eurospec block with Bosch 870cc injectors and water/meth injection. At 25 psi of boost my injector duty cycle is 78% which equals about 678 cc so you'll most likely need bigger injectors.

The DR750 turbos really spool quickly and to keep your stock bottom end happy you will need to limit the boost at low RPM's. I run ECU controlled boost using Chrome and I ramp my boost based on RPM and load so that I don't hit full boost until 5k.
I will change injectors in the future, I just need to sell my 550 first....
Thanks for advice, about limited boost until 4.5k-5k rpm.
I need to check my boost controller Blitz SBC iD and Blitz Power Meter, because I think I read somewhere , that there is some function which you can limit boost pressure. Just dont know if you limit on rpm or mph.....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So any opinion on which alcohol water injection and which nozzle to use? From my readings and asking is that what is important is braided lines not nylon,because they use to leak...

How do you know which nozzle to use, 375 or 6xx?

·
No longer in KY
2,354 Posts
You can make 600 wheel on 550's with enough meth injection. The bigger the nozzle the better IMHO. Run straight meth and leave the water for your own hydration. I would not sell the 550's until your end goal changes. 500-530 wheel is modest with 550's and a good dose of meth injection on top (straight meth, no mix).

I have 3 Devil's Own DO14's and 2 pumps just for meth injection. They are the biggest nozzles they sell. 1 nozzle on a single pump pushes a lot of fluid. 2 of those on a single pump and flow diminishes some.

I don't use AN hose in my system. I did however swap all the push on fittings to compression style. The push on fittings were the problems I had with leaks. The compression fittings don't leak. The Devil's Own line fits a 1/4" compression fitting perfectly.

Your goals are perfect for longevity and you have built in room to grow. Very smart!!

Jeff

·
Registered
322 Posts
Since I have larger injector and I'm not trying to break any records power wise I only use as much water/meth (50/50 mix) as required to keep the knock away. I'm maxing out a single snow performance 375 nozzle right now so I'll most likely be moving on to a 625 nozzle before I push the boost beyond 20-25 psi.

If you want as much power as possible then kywhitelightning's approach of straight meth along with big nozzles is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can make 600 wheel on 550's with enough meth injection. The bigger the nozzle the better IMHO. Run straight meth and leave the water for your own hydration. I would not sell the 550's until your end goal changes. 500-530 wheel is modest with 550's and a good dose of meth injection on top (straight meth, no mix).

I have 3 Devil's Own DO14's and 2 pumps just for meth injection. They are the biggest nozzles they sell. 1 nozzle on a single pump pushes a lot of fluid. 2 of those on a single pump and flow diminishes some.

I don't use AN hose in my system. I did however swap all the push on fittings to compression style. The push on fittings were the problems I had with leaks. The compression fittings don't leak. The Devil's Own line fits a 1/4" compression fitting perfectly.

Your goals are perfect for longevity and you have built in room to grow. Very smart!!

Jeff
Good tip for compressor style fitting. I will also look for Devils Own sistem... For my power goal I hope I wont need two pumps for now, lool. About 50/50mix or 100% meth, I am more towards to 50/50mix, because 100% could be dangerous driving in car, and what I read also, is that rich meth mixture could blind knock sensor, so when tuning you could not se knock...maybe I am mistaken.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since I have larger injector and I'm not trying to break any records power wise I only use as much water/meth (50/50 mix) as required to keep the knock away. I'm maxing out a single snow performance 375 nozzle right now so I'll most likely be moving on to a 625 nozzle before I push the boost beyond 20-25 psi.

If you want as much power as possible then kywhitelightning's approach of straight meth along with big nozzles is the way to go.
You are right. Firs step will be 50/50 mix and I will try 375 and then maybe 625 just to try it. I dont want to max my setup with 550cc, because one cold weather end then I will be in deficit with fuel.
Which snow performance set up you have? And what boost you have?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts