Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which downpipe is better? I am planning on getting an ATR exhaust but dont know which downpipe to get. Which makes more power and which eliminates the cats better? Please help

·
Drives 2003 COBRA 435rwhp
502 Posts
Stillen

The Stillen downpipe gets rid of the front cat and the main cat the Atr only gets rid of the front cat if I am correct and the Stillen pipe makes more power not to mention it looks better too.

·
Hokuto Shin-Ken Successor
650 Posts
Re: Stillen

more power ? as if 50hp ? :p

and talking about looks who's going to take a look under ur car while driving? :confused: heh

ATR over here ! nice rumble too with the HKS S-DR

Italianstealth said:
Stillen pipe makes more power not to mention it looks better too.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I have Stillen and its been a very good purchase. The difference is that ATR does not have a flex pipe and does not eliminate the main cat whereas the Stillen has a flex pipe and a smooth larger diameter pipe to take care of the front pre-cat. Downside is you can not easily put main cat back for inspection, so save your old set-up for that, and if you get more mods and buy pre-cat eliminators (which also replace the small O2 housings), you will have to either have the front eliminator welded into your Stillen or go with just the rear eliminator and port out the front O2 housing a little or just live with it. I know my mods are good for almost mid 12s with a rather average launch (4000rpm)at sea-level.

Sam

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I have the ATR...BUY THE STILLEN. The flex section will save you a lot of heartache.

[email protected] has them in stock.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Anyone try D&R?

If you wanted to go with a HF Cat, could you hack the Stillen, or is the flex section in the way?

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
there is only 1 front precat, and yes, the stillen replaces it. However there is a rear precat that it DOES NOT replace.

The ATR DOES NOT replace ANY of the precats.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I must have a different version of the ATR downpipe. It does not eliminate the precats, but it DOES replace the main cat...and it's not a test pipe either.

Never installed a Stillen so I can't give a direct comparison, but the ATR is difficult to install, as it has to be "finessed" to fit properly.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I must have a different version of the ATR downpipe. It does not eliminate the precats, but it DOES replace the main cat...and it's not a test pipe either.
Jeff, you have the same one that I have. When I bought it, I had the option of leaving the cat or bypassing it. I choose to bypass it :)

The stillen would be nice because of the flex section and the front precat eliminator. When I bought my ATR, the stillen was $200 more but now they are around the same price.

However, if you find a great deal on the ATR, then go with that. The ATR is still a very good unit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks it looks like the stillen is the way to go. I like the fact that it eliminates the main cat. I will just have to gut the rear cat that it leaves.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I have been extremely pleased with my Stillen Downpipe. When I took it the exhaust shop, they said it was one of the highest quality pipes they have ever seen. They said it was pipes like the Stillen that puts them out of business because they last forever.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ummm...what about Don's (DN Performance)downpipe?

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts