Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone tell me what may be the cause of my SOHC when it accelerates up-to about 4000rpm or so it gives me two hard knock/hits right after each other that seem to be coming from the transaxle or engine?

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,075 Posts
1) Model year of car?
2) Manual or Automatic transmission?
3) 4000rpm when driving or just revving engine in neutral?
4) If driving does it do it in all gears or just one?
5) Did it start after doing some work to car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Model year of car?
2) Manual or Automatic transmission?
3) 4000rpm when driving or just revving engine in neutral?
4) If driving does it do it in all gears or just one?
5) Did it start after doing some work to car?
Hi, it's a 99' SOHC, automatic. It only happens from time to time when I take off after a complete stop. It jerks between 3500 and 4000 when in driving gear. And it stays stuck for a few seconds at a high rpm then the second jerk happens and all is normal.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,075 Posts
Hi, it's a 99' SOHC, automatic. It only happens from time to time when I take off after a complete stop. It jerks between 3500 and 4000 when in driving gear. And it stays stuck for a few seconds at a high rpm then the second jerk happens and all is normal.
Sounds like 3rd to 4th shift problem, maybe when starting to shift to 4th then falls back to 3rd and finally completes shift to 4th few seconds later. If correct it’s most likely connected in some way to kick down servo or end clutch valve, hard to say for sure as pulse generator (A), end clutch itself or even TCU could be involved. Since it’s not constant I don’t suspect major mechanical problem, more than likely sticking valve in valve body maybe from some small amount of trash or some possible lose wire connection.

Have you tried selecting ECO or PWR switch position, other than which it’s in now to see if that changes anything? That basically only chances shift points to different rpm ranges. Also make sure fluid level is correct by manual level check procedure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts