Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any other company besides eclipse make a double din head unit with a built in screen like this

·
Registered
754 Posts
Clarion has a new single din pop out LCD screen that is touch screen 7.2 in viewable.
That thing is awesome, I am thinking of picking one up for my supra.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Ryououki said:
What is the purpose of having Double DIN as opposed to Single DIN?
personally i think double din looks ALOT more professional that a single din in our cars. even if you get a new radio bezzel thing it still doesnt look good. Double din fills up the whole space.

edit: but i would love one of those eclipse flip lcd screen things.

·
baron of isosceles
3,963 Posts
I replaced my double din with an audiovox 5.4" screen, and relocated my deck to my center heat vents...note to you guys, DECKS WILL NOT FLUSH MOUNT IN THE HEAT VENTS! we took out the whole dash, custom fabricated a mount to hold it in, put the dash back in and realized that the deck rubs against the frame, so it sits out approx. 1 1/4"s from the dash. the screen looks sweet, and the deck isn't too too bad, considering my friend did it (and i have to give MAJOR props to him for doing the impossible)...he never gave up and used his whole vacation to do it...anyway, like i say, get a smaller deck (if possible) and it'll look great.

Just a thought from experience...

Tyler

·
Registered
754 Posts
Actually in our cars I think the double din looks alot better, I had thought about factory relocating a single din to the vents, but the other problems were possible to come from that, sush as the vents would need to be sealed off in the dash..otherwise moisture and condensation would take it's toll on the unit.
Plus I like cold air blown into my face from time to time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is the eclipse DVD unit with the built in screen out yet? Thats the one I've been waiting for :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts