Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,310 Posts
Very nice install!!!

I forgot to mention that when I did mine that I put my GPS antenna on the very back center of the roof.
It required a good deal of wire manipulation, and the addition of a GPS extension cable, but my GPS signal is instantaneous and super strong...

In my Spyder install, I ran the GPS antenna up the drivers side A pillar to try to help with reception....

Most double DIN units don't "exactly" fit in our opening. In my case I had to "marry" our surround with the one supplied with the unit.
A little bit of super glue, some bondo action and some paint and it came out looking pretty much like stock....

Stereo projects are very fun, wiring can be a bit challenging for some, but in the end, it's the installers taste and patience that makes the difference...

Bob. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks, I also had to fiddle a bit with the surround. I modified the mounting brackets so that I could push the stereo a few millimeters deeper inside the dash. That allowed me to place the surround that came with the stereo behind the stock surround giving a cleaner look.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're interested, I have an Android 7" double din radio that I was using a few months earlier. Contact me by private messages, so we don't break any forum rules.
I've had 4 different double din NAV radios in my car. I seem to change them every two years, lol.

I did a short review here: New invention, convert OBD1/MUT into Canbus OBD2 for...

My latest one can be seen in this video.

Does this connect to any double din aftermarket stereo system?

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
You can go to ebay and do a search for "double din android", and you will see a bunch available for cheap.
If you want a little nicer version, you can try the Joying brand.

·
Robotics Engineer
631 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts