Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 3S members!

I'm the third owner to a '94 SL that has been collecting dust in storage for nearly two years; it's in great cosmetic condition- no rust, and there weren't any concerning mechanical issues/weird noises last time it ran.. except for the common valve seal issue to smoke at idle. Before I put the car away, one issue arose: oil to bled out the exhaust pipes- splattering the entire rear bumper. I checked a spark plug and it was dripping oil too.

Not a gasket leak. I can imagine a cracked head but can't locate. And I can't take my plenum off easily because a high-temp silicone gasket was used. I consider a new long/short block would be nice but I don't have that kind of connection to parts/ a spare motor or financial funds (im also a college kid) I feel like I'm SOL.

Would you happen to have any idea what I should/could do next?

It'd be nice to get it running again.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also a college kid, nice car! Id try a compression test where you found the oily plug. You should be able to get a tester "free" from your local auto store. If the compression is fine then I'd assume its the O ring style gasket between the head and valve cover. Hope this is some help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts