Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black trim below my door windows are faded out very badly,I'm sure many of you have the same problem, so I was wondering if any of you have any miracles on how to bring the color back? I was going to paint them, but the top of the trim were it meets the window is rubber and I am afraid the paint will just flake off. Please let me know if any of you have painted your trim or if you just used a protectant of some kind. Thanks alot for you help!!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
this might sound stupid but it worked great for me. i used black 'edge dressing' for shoes(kiwi brand), the kind that is liquid and comes in a little bottle with the sponge applicatior. i've had it on my sl for 6 months and it still looks great, just did it on my vr4 too, makes a big difference!
ps: i have only tried this on the bottom piece of trim.

[This message has been edited by kcalvano (edited January 02, 2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
Yo! I have did the same thing as Kcalvano did, I used some kind of shoe polish stuff(in back) that's available at sears(forgot its brand). It is not shinny but looks great for a few months now.
Don94

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your replys! I will definately try some black shoe polish within the next couple days. Do you have any problems with the shoe polish streaking down the side of the door when it gets wet? I tried some "Black Magic" over the summer but it was so oily that it ran down the side of the door when it got wet. Thanks again guys!!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
if you use the kiwi edge dressing, it dries fast and is waterproof. like i said, i have had it on my sl for 6 months in crappy kansas weather and is still holding up great!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey KCALVANO I tried the KIWI shoe polish on the trim today, it worked great!!! I only had time to do one side today but will finish the other tommorrow. Thanks alot for the advise!!!

Dave 92 3000GTSL

·
Registered
600 Posts
I used to use that old shoe dye fix... but I saw that Griot's Garage had a bumper and trim reconditioner. I ordered it.... Guess what? The dispenser works the same as Kiwi's leather dye! The bottle is white but otherwise looks the same! I wonder if its Kiwi's in a different package!

Jose Soriano
[email protected] www.linkline.com/personal/amahoser

1 - 7 of 7 Posts