Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sort of getting ready to fix my driver's side window (electric) on the Stealth. I've got the service manual and refering to the power window removal and installation (42-44), I'm trying to identify the problem and either get the parts or know how to repair them before I take everything apart.

What happened was a part fell off the rear (door latch end) of the driver side window that allows the rear of the window to drop down at an angle. I've got Gorilla tape holding the window in place for the past couple of years.

The service manual shows the parts but handily, has nothing naming the parts. I've circled the parts I think are at fault

I assume that this is fairly common on these cars and also assume that there is a fix for it to repair the part that's broken rather than replacing it - seems I saw that somewhere a while ago.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,713 Posts
Crap Max, why didn't you say something before.
At some point last year I threw away two windows probably had those parts on them. I would have been more than happy to give them to you. Sorry.
Instead of trying to fix the broken parts, reach out to @Itlnstallion, his name is Patrick. Lives in lower Michigan area.
He's helped me TONS of times and always does right by me.

Bob.

Reactions: Itlnstallion

·
15,713 Posts

If you decide you want to get new (if available)....

Bob.

Reactions: white93gt

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, whichever one it is, I heard it fall into the bottom of the door. I'm hoping since the car has so few miles on it it just came undone and needs to be reattached.

·
CAD/DAO/CNC
2,191 Posts
If u need some and Patrick can t help ..just pm me i have the hardware for 2 windows in my bolt box.

When i stripped my 2 car parts one have some loose hardware on windows probably got some slack over the 255 000Km of is life.

-Simon

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If u need some and Patrick can t help ..just pm me i have the hardware for 2 windows in my bolt box.

When i stripped my 2 car parts one have some loose hardware on windows probably got some slack over the 255 000Km of is life.

-Simon
Well, mine fell off at 39k miles so I'm sure slack would be fine.

·
15,713 Posts
Max, have you actually taken the door panel off to see exactly what happened?
It may not be what you think it is.
If I were to guess, I would say that close to 95% of the owners have replaced broken regulators over the course of time.
I know I replaced 2.
You have to get the window down (which may be tricky in your case), but once the panel is off, it should become fairly clear where your issue lies.

This should help: Stealth 316 - Door Trim Replacement

Bob.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Max, have you actually taken the door panel off to see exactly what happened?
It may not be what you think it is.
If I were to guess, I would say that close to 95% of the owners have replaced broken regulators over the course of time.
I know I replaced 2.
You have to get the window down (which may be tricky in your case), but once the panel is off, it should become fairly clear where your issue lies.

This should help: Stealth 316 - Door Trim Replacement

Bob.
No I haven't. I'd prefer not to have the thing apart for a month. I'm doubting the regulator unless it lives at the door latch end of the door.

·
15,713 Posts
Wow Max, are you OK?
Why would it take a month to fix a window?
You can't fix anything until you find out what is wrong.
You can always re-tape the window in place if you have to wait for parts...

Worried about you...

Bob.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow Max, are you OK?
Why would it take a month to fix a window?
You can't fix anything until you find out what is wrong.
You can always re-tape the window in place if you have to wait for parts...

Worried about you...

Bob.
A month? It's been like that for two years since right after I bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts