Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the door panels?! I've removed nearly all the screws holding the door panels on. However, I cannot get the door handles off. Actually, I was able the remove the nut holding the top of the door handle on, I just can't remove the bottom of the door handle. Thanks!
Dave

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
Are you sure you removed all the screws??

There are two on the outside, three on the bottom, two on in the inside, one in the defrost vent, and one in the door handle.. that plastic peice behind the actual door lever slides out.. it can be tricky, but it slides out.. after that, just lift up and out on the panel, and it will come out.. Just be careful not to pull too hard, because there are wires and stuff connected to the panel, i.e., the speaker and the power windows/locks module, and that ligjht on the door..

Hope this helps, and please correct me if I am wrong somewhere..

-LDG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did get all the screws, but I thought I had to remove the door handle, the thing you actually pull the door shut with. I didn't know it was part of the door panel. Thanks for your help, I went outside and pulled a little harder then I was before and it popped right off.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hey Kermit, your not checking for lights in your passenger door control panel are you? hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe! Actually I was having problems with the window motor, but I did check my power window switch to see if I was lucky enough to have a 1 out of 10 million car like you do...no go. It just said "You are not a winner" on the back of the switch

·
Registered
206 Posts
What exactly were you checking about the window motor? I can tell you from recent experience that replacing the window motor and slider assembly is not too difficult. Time consuming but with a little patience, not too bad. Any questions, shoot me an email and I'll be glad to give you some pointers.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.