Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To have a bike worked on at a reputable dealer, the price sounds about right. I asked a dealer to replace a rearview mirror on my Ninja this past spring and they quoted me $45 for the mirror and $40/hour (1 hour minimum) to install it. (I ended up getting a mirror for $15 and installing it myself.)

That price sounds about right, actually. The brake lever may just be bent and same for the brake pedal, but those are two things you *DO NOT* want to fail when you're out on the road. A reputable dealer or repair shop will repair and test them. If he's having it fixed at a dealer $250 is a bargain.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My girlfriend hit a parked bike on pararell parking and left a note to the owner that she will pay for the damages. The bike is Suzuki year 2000 model SV650. The owner estimately asked for $250 for the BROKEN BRAKE PEDAL and BREAK LEVER plus the LABOR. Is the price about right? I know nothing about motorcycle. So, any help would be appreciated. I know i can count on you guys.
Thanks a bunch.
BlackCow

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Bikes are expensive to work on. That actually sounds sorta cheap. But wickeddrew will know more

-Jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
I checked the price of those two parts on the internet. they weren't that expensive. Both of them together are around $100. So, that leave a $150 for labor to pu them on. You say that is cheap. I mean that i don't know how much the labor for bike would cost per hour. However, it doesn't seem so hard to put those on. I had printed out the schematic for those particular areas and it looks like nothing compare to VR4 or RT/TT.
Thanks by the way.
I still need more input.
BlackCow

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, it doesn't matter, if they are bent or not. The owner wants to get them fixed. So, that leave me no choice of pay up. I just don't wan to get ripped off. So, if the dealer would charge just only $40 per hour, do you think it would take any motorcycle mechanic to get these jobs done in four hours cause the parts are around $100; therefore, the labor is $150.
Thanks a lot to those who respond me so quick.
BlackCow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts