Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
In Ohio, if the officer can't produce a speed slip, the ticket is instantly thrown out in court. I've had multiple occasions where I was pulled over in the past where a cop wrote me a ticket for a speed they guessed me at. While they were generally good guesses, they could not produce a speed slip from the radar/laser, so they were all thrown out in court.

I don't think we have that "super speeder" shit here, but I would definitely talk to a lawyer on that one. When I got my ticket of 87 in a 55 (funny, that number 87 again), I talked to my lawyer about it and he told me to go fight it and see if they had a speed slip. Sure enough, they didn't and I saved $340 from the ticket and it didn't mess up my insurance rates since it was thrown out of court.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
No shit, pimple... Just stay away from my posts and I'll stay away from yours. It's that simple. I wasn't bitching about the speeding ticket, but the fact I getting hit twice for the same offense and trying to warn others to watch out. Had I known about the super speeder fine, I would have contested the ticket.
Hey, i can teach you how to use that speedometer as well. Just pm me, ill give you step by step instructions. I wont charge you anything, its free, and alot cheaper then 400$. Then we can go over reading the speed limit sign, and integrating the two together so we dont speed.

Its not about liking here, its about helping those in need. I feel you need my help.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dude, you're just fucking dense. Seriously, if you need help to stay out of my thread, I will be more than happy to provide that. And I'm sure most won't argue with my decision. That is your warning, no further comments, facts, or whatever are needed or welcomed in my thread. Just move along.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,262 Posts
Hahira police department. No mention on the ticket about additional fines for citation. And it was 87mph in a 7p, apparently by laser.
I won't be able to help you out due to I do not know anyone in that department... sorry.. also future reference you need to post this within days after receiving the citation and not have payed the fine.. but laser is much more accurate then radar. If I showed you the difference you would understand. Laser aka "Lidar", actually is held up to your face and you target the object with a small circle in the display and it will display the speed (very very very accurate).. radar is normally stationary and you will have one facing out the front and rear of the car and there is a button called "fast" to select onto the faster traveling vehicle and then a lock button to lock the speed of the vehicle to show on the radar display. For people using both radar and lidar you have what's called a "tracking history" so by using those devices and watching vehicles you should be able to determine an estimated speed and the faster vehicle in a "pack" and then use the device to lock onto that vehicle.

The story you told me does not make sense from what the officer stated and unfortunately the officer is not on here to ask the proper questions but I guess this is another life lesson. Next time you come through Georgia give me a shout if you run into any issues.

If you want more questions on the fines.. I would call an attorney here in Georgia because each state will be different.

p.s. continue to be respectful to officer's just like you do now.. especially if you want someone to help you so everything can be worked out smoothly..

best of luck april

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Does Georgia use lasers that a detector can't pick up? I've had the laser alert go off a few times before, in Texas, TN, AL, FL, OH. Don't think I was being tag, if I was I was never pulled over LOL. Overall the interaction with the LEO was pleasant, minus the ticket.

·
A dream!
684 Posts
Jesus Pimprn you are one dumb mother fucker... Dude just can't seem to grow the fuck up....

Good to know April, I had something similar happen here in Missouri. Cop wrote me a ticket for CNI. I said okay, called the court found out the fine. Handled the points with a lawyer and thought all was good. NOPE... Turns out CNI is a step below DWI(never have and never will do that). Got slapped with another fine of about 1500. All because I admitted fault and paid the initial fine.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,262 Posts
Does Georgia use lasers that a detector can't pick up? I've had the laser alert go off a few times before, in Texas, TN, AL, FL, OH. Don't think I was being tag, if I was I was never pulled over LOL. Overall the interaction with the LEO was pleasant, minus the ticket.
I'm not sure lol. I've been meaning to put my radar detector in my wifes car and have her drive and see if the detector will go off even if the radar unit is off.... Not all officers will have a radar and lasar in there car, it just depends on the Police or sheriffs department... budget mainly... Most officers are a lot less likely to have laser because it's newer and more exspensive... but if you get hit by state patrol (and some sheriffs departments), since state patrol work a lot of accidents and pretty much stay on the major highways most all of them in GA should have laser... but I will hook it up in the wifes car and borrow our traffic units laser and see if it goes off.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts