Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
redredmelo said:
SSR is just a piece of shit, don't get them. Don't ask why, redredmelo can tell you that they are trash!
PLEASE, PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELF. I really want to know why I shouldn't have bought them.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
why?

Yeah, I'd have to ask for an explanation too. I've been saving for them mofos. I really like the look of them.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
You can't just go around screaming not to buy something. You have to show good reason behind what you are saying. mcvicker had some ssrs and he seemed to like them well, so I would be interested to see why you seem to think they are horrible enough to go around screaming about them.

·
Registered
612 Posts
cotmfk said:
You can't just go around screaming not to buy something. You have to show good reason behind what you are saying. mcvicker had some ssrs and he seemed to like them well, so I would be interested to see why you seem to think they are horrible enough to go around screaming about them.
I think he's trying to buy them all for himself ;)

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
hehe..

almost looks like someone is jealous, and hacked into red's username and posted that..

haha

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
cotmfk said:
He bought them from McVicker...Hmmm

·
Registered
555 Posts
i would try to get a refund as soon as possible becuase there was obviously a defect in the metal. may not have been a correct alloy or cured properly. sorry to hear about that, good luck.
-Greg

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The person who I brought the wheels from is a great guy and he's honest, but he's out of town now and I have to wait untill he comes back, but I'm just plain MAD now!!!:mad: My face is as red as this head :mad:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Damn dude! McVicker got your brand new never mounted white F-1 Cups plus made some good money as he put it for those? I was wondering why he would get rid of those wheels that he had been so proud of. I hate to think that he did it because he knew of the damage but how could anyone not see that. As you say you discovered it within minutes of receiving them. Hmm, that is sooooo wrong. :(

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Czarcasmus, I really don't think Matthew meant to do that, I really do. I know he's a good guy. If he was trying to take advantage of me he wouldn't be shipping me his wheels. I trusted him and I shipped him my wheels first, he sent his SSRs back to me right after he dismount the tires. He's out of town right now but I emailed him already.
My buddy who's working at discount tire just looked at it, he saw a ply bar mark next to the crack, it's a ply bar that they use to dismount tires. He sid that he's 99% sure the wheel is defective, and even though he is dismounting the tire, the wheel would crack on him too.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
So, are you saying that the crack was a result of the wheel being improperly dismounted? Or was it a defect from the begining?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know why the pics I just uploaded isn't showing anymore? I uploaded them from Geocites and changed them to txt file, it was working for a while:confused: any clue? thanks

PearlR/T, it's most likely being cracked in the process of dismounting, it should be somthing wrong with the material. The wheel that's cracked had not been curbed or anything. My buddy at discount tire said that those cracks usually happen on the cheap ass knock off wheels! I'll not buy SSRs for the rest of my life, even they look bad ass. I'm going to stick with OZ, I've bought 3 sets for the pass years and I never had 1 problem with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have not had any problems with mine. They are 17inch SSR integrals. I drove all the way from flordia with them and I have hit some big pot holes and been though some bad road construction jobs(live in chicago) and they have been Greatt.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
the SSR have been through 2? 3? owners already. i would double check with the previous owner and their driving habbits..etc...

hmm..the construction is semi-solide forged. the spoke that cracked might have been the casted part...plus the design of the wheel *might* not be the strongest in the world, especially to hold up a 3800lbs car.

Jeff L. have/had the same wheels, maybe he can shine some light on this matter. i thought they Speed Star Racing would be a good rim to buy for my future upgrade, being that the competition is the lightest 17inch in the world...but something that would crack is nothing i want to touch...hmm..racing hart here i come :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts