Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the service manual, and have read most of the 60k guides. I just wanted to know from people who have done it themselves if there are any little things I should know or look out for?

Thanks.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
1. Take your time! It is worth it to do it slow now rather than rebuilding your engine later if it is done wrong.

2. Make sure you have all your parts.

3. Make sure you have all your tools. (Including a torque wrench that you can get a Autozone for free, and a breaker bar)

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
mallegant2002 said:
You want a tip? Cash in your Microsoft stock cause it's expensive.

LOL
:dodge:
Not if you do it yourself. All the parts you need really don't cost much.. $400 at the most. You only get raped at the dealer cause the job is such a PIA.. and you're almost as good off as the mechanic is when it comes to working on your car.. the Mitsu service techs in my town are a joke.. they've offered me a job twice now.. lol..

But anyway, it's not hard, just time consuming and at times frustrating. Take your time, and like Austin GT said make sure you have all your parts and tools. I was fortunate enough to have access to a lift and air tools when I did mine, so that made it a little easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts