Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
vr4stealthrt
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does a new DOHC HEAD for a 92 stealth rt twin turbo cost????? & what about a used one ?

·
vr4stealthrt
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please reply people thanks

You people are reading but not replying maybe you guys don't know the ones not replying.. but if you know this please reply to this post ... thank you very much,.

!marco

·
I'll take the case!
1,424 Posts
vr4stealthrt: I've been thinking of doing some work on the cylinder heads as well since I suspect my valve stem seals are leaking. I've also got a '92. I would lean towards pricing a 2nd gen head. I'm not sure what all they changed besides the lash adjusters, perhaps the lifters, perhaps someone will correct me. But bottom line, they attempted to correct oilflow problems, and quiet lifter tick. I've seen used heads on this board from time to time, but perhaps someone could give advice on 1st gen to 2nd gen head conversion (hint,hint). I'll probably try my luck with a friend who'll do a 3-angle valve job and port/polish. Oh, I heard a quote from somebody that new heads from Mitsu were very expensive. I don't remember the figure, but I do remember saying,"Holy S**t!!" when I heard it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts